Chapter eighteen

"Welcome to La casa, de la Vaca! Kaltenecker!" Lance danced around the beautiful cow he cherished, he would confide in her when he was upset or angry.

His father watched from cleaning a stable with the same amused look as everyone else.

"Honestly, he loved her since day one...since he delivered her!" his father chuckled stepping out the stable watching him.

Lance blushed nervously, "I still can't believe you broke your wrist that week...you did it on purpose..it was so gross."

Lance shuttered at memory then started brushing Kaltenecker out of habit.

"Yeah...broke my wrist saving five year old May! Hunk remember that?!" His father jumped around like a kid, side hugging Hunk, "Yes....the disturbing memories..ah."

Pidge looked at Lance father amused. "Honestly Lance, I see where you get your energy from." They all laughed together.

Keith smiled a little feeling a bit left out, he was hiding closer to Lance, he wasn't big on meeting people.

He felt more nervous meeting Lance's father, but all the McClain's were so wonderful so far. Lance sighed poking the cows nose, "Hey, Papa?"

"Whaaaaat! I'm talking to hunky."

Lance smiled a bit standing slightly taller, "Papa! Keith's here." That got the older mans attention.

"Ah! my boy's CARIÑO" Lance blushed while Keith stared confused.

"Sì Papa, pero no ahora..pronto!"

His dad tsked and walked closer slowly touching Keith's face making him look at him.

"hermoso, el cabello debe ser cortado, pero perfecto para mi hijo! Welcome to the family Keith! I'm George! you're living with us now, no? if so! you'll help on the farm? Kaltenecker and every other animales, need tending! I'll pay!"

A pearl white smile came from the old man still holding Keith's face.

Keith stared scared, what did he say? and what..is with the face holding. "I wouldn't want to impose...I-I'm planning to get a place soon."

George tsked again and pushed the bangs away from Keith's eyes. "Niño! no, you'll stay with us! I love having another part of this family, I steal Hunk and Pidgen for vacations it's not a big deal! you just need to..." he looked around and a fond smile came to his lips, "You just need a family, welcome Keith...you're family now!" he bear hugged Keith.

Keith held his mouth shut from screaming out in pain, but couldn't help the smile that came through the pain, "T-Thanks, Mr McClain."

--