Chapter thirteen.

Keith watched quietly as the McClain family interacted at dinner, they all welcome Keith and smiled at him more then he ever been smiled at. Lance's mother was watching him carefully she got off the Phone with Hunk's mom prior to them entering the home.

But at the moment; all worry was forgotten in the void of Spanish speaking siblings that were arguing about which McClain sibling was smarter.

"No...stop. Te amos" Mama McClain mumbled as Hunter and his older brother Max were throwing small portions of rice at each other and yelling how stupid the other was.

"Enjoying the fam?" Lance questioned quietly seeing Keiths eyes widen at the sound of unholy screeching from sixteen year old May. Keith nodded slightly scared.

"Alright! Niños! Niñas!" Mama yelled slightly annoyed. "Hear we go." Lance mumbled as Mama started scolding the children in Spanish.

"Did she call you annoying?" Keith glanced over at the over dramatically sighing boy.

"Yeah, she thinks we act like cubs sometimes. Basically just being loud, and mostly getting on her nerves."

"She's right." A small smirk placed on Keith's lips hearing Lance's throat crack, "W-What!?"

Keith laughed loudly, he didn't notice how silent the room became till he looked at Lance with a small blush on his cheeks, "What?" Everyone in the room heard the most genuine raw laughter from the shyest boy.

"Nothing!" Everyone proclaimed at once, Keith stared shocked but nodded nervously. Then they all went back to fighting.

--Time skip brought to you by...?-

"This is my room, Ms, Garret said you needed a warm bed. And clothes? So you can sleep here." Lance pointed to a blue neatly made bed, then walked to the light blue dresser across the room getting a short sleeve shirt with red pajama pants.

"Here, I'm going to go brush my teeth... You can change in here." He walked away with a slight blush on his cheeks.

As the door shut Keith slowly undressed, his body ached in everyway, he glanced down at his bruised skin and cut up skin 'Maybe...I'll heal now.' He thought changing his pants and then trying his best to get the shirt over his head.

"Damn it! Does he have giraffe arms what the hell." Keith stared down at the baggy clothes. He looked like a toddler found his fathers clothing.

"Hey Keith-" Lance came in stopping as he stared at the boy sitting on his bed, his small frame was clear in Lance's clothing, his bruised skin slightly exposed made Lance's heart want to stop. Peeking under his arms littered with scars and his collar bones so exposed from under his skin he was scared to breathe. But then he glanced down at the pants. 'damn. He really looks good in my clothes.'

"Y-yeah?" Keith asked slightly embarrassed from all the staring, "oh! Uh, Here!" Lance threw the box Ms, Garret gave him on the bed and walked quickly (Aka running) out the room.

'That was even weirder then normal Lance.' Keith grabbed the box opening the lid slowly.

He couldn't help but smile as Ava packed some protein bars and Cheetos and what looked like bread? He slowly dug through the snacks to find paper at the bottom.

It read.

'Emergency numbers, social services are all on the back, just because something happens doesn't mean it should, feel free to come visit anytime. I won't tell anyone; until you are ready, you clearly had your reasons of hiding it. Wish you love, Ava.'

Keith sniffed putting the paper back on the bottom of the box, he put the box on the floor and stared at his bare feet.

'Why did I hide it? My family. Isn't here. I have no home.' Keith glanced around Lance's lovely room, tears slowly falling.

'They don't understand, how could they? If I were to explain my pain. I'd just be another burden.' Keith wiped at his eyes getting up to lay on the hard wood floor.

'I don't deserve this kindness.'