Chapter 4

Jack

I watched Punzie paint on the canvas. She was currently painting a sun, or maybe a golden flower. I wasn't really sure.

I let a snowflake fly over to her, watching it land on her nose. She blinked, smiled, and turned to me.

"Bored or something?" Punzie asked.

"No," I lied. She gave me her yes-you-are-bored-stop-lying look. "Okay, fine, I'm bored. Happy?"

Punzie rolled her eyes. She stood up, and immediately sat back down. Her hand was clutching her gut, pain clearly written on her face.

"Rapunzel?" I asked, at her side in an instant. She took a deep breath, and her body relaxed.

"I'm fine Jack. Must have been something I ate. I feel fine, honestly."

I was still concerned, but accepted her outstretched hand. She held up her globe(we all have one now) whispered her secret destination, and threw it.

I found myself in a field. The ground was bare, seeming as though winter had just passed. I watched Punzie do her work, growing her flowers. Soon, it was a beautiful meadow.

She led me to the center, where she laid down, looking up at the clouds. I laid next to her, still thinking of her pain stricken face.

"Jack," Punzie said. "Do you think that cloud looks like an umbrella?"

"Nah, it's an upside down bowl balancing on a spoon."

She giggled, eyes still on the sky.

We spent the rest of the day there, watching the clouds. I let some of my winds move the clouds into certain shapes, like a boat or an actual upside down bowl balancing on a spoon.

As the sun set, I found myself staring not at the clouds, but my beautiful wife next to me. The sunset made her skin seem to glow.

"Have you ever seen yourself during a sunset?" I asked.

"No, why?" Punzie asked, turning her head to look at me.

"You look so beautiful, words can't even begin to describe what you look like right now."

She blushed, adding to the beauty. I leaned in and kissed her, happy to stay in this moment.

That, of course, was ruined by Mer and Hic appearing through a snow globe portal.

"Guys! Something happened to the Globe. Come on!" Hic exclaimed.

I pulled Punzie to her feet and followed the other two through the portal.

Wow, 9 votes. Thank you peoples! I hope this was to your liking. I shall now sing a Kansas song.

CARRY ON MY WAYWARD SON! THERE'LL BE PEACE WHEN YOU ARE DONE! LAY YOUR WEARY HEAD TO REST! DON'T YOU CRY NO MORE!