Chapter 24

Jack

The next day was a lazy day. Despite the fact that Orianna and Alec became babies and were born within a week, they grew very slowly as actually babies. They seemed to grow normally actually. We hadn't noticed any growing at all.

Punzie and Mer painted the cribs, the toy boxes, and the nursery itself, trusting Hic and I to watch the babies.

It was almost a disaster.

"They just lay there and cry!" I practically shouted. Orianna was kicking and waving her hands around, crying and almost screaming. Hic was in the same situation.

"Are they hungry? Do they need changing? I don't understand!" Hic replied, trying to calm Alec down.

We were saved by a very unlikely hero.

Toothless had just been hanging around and decided to bound up to us to see what was going on. He sniffed Alec, hummed a little, and nudged his foot. Alec almost immediately stopped crying.

Toothless seemed smug as he did the same thing to Orianna. Hic and I shared a look before staring at the dragon. He sat up proudly, staring down at us in a triumphant way.

Minutes later, Orianna and Alec were lounging on a blanket on the ground. Toothless was using his tail to play what looked like peek-a-boo.

"Well, that happened," Hic said finally. I just nodded.

Aww! Look at then trying to be parents! XD Thankfully Toothless was around!