Chapter 10

Merida

After a teeny incident with a rock wall, Olaf led us right to a huge ice castle.

You think I'm kidding. It was a pure ice castle that was just sitting on the edge of a cliff.

We climbed the steps(also made of ice) to the doors. Anna raised her hand to knock, but hesitated.

"Go ahead, knock," Olaf said. "Why isn't she knocking?" He suddenly looked very concerned. "Do you think she knows how to knock?"

Anna knocked and the doors opened, but there was no one on the other side. "Whoa! They opened! That's a first."

We all started to follow her in. "Maybe you should give us a second. That last guy I introduced her to, well, she froze the whole kingdom."

"Are you kidding?" Kristoff exclaimed. "Ice is my life!"

"Just, one minute." Anna turned and carefully walked in.

Hiccup sat next to me on the stairs. Rapunzel tried to calm a hyper Jack. Olaf was counting the minute out. Kristoff looked defeated.

"This, is, boring," Jack said. He flung a bunch of snowflakes out.

"Calm down. It's not like we're missing anything," Rapunzel said.

At the bottom of the stairs, Sven was trying to climb the stairs. Earlier, Hiccup had sent Toothless off. He couldn't stay in the cold temperatures for long. Hiccup had a special whistle that Toothless could apparently hear from really, really far away, so we didn't need to worry.

I thought back to earlier. What had caused the pain I had felt? It came from no where. I also felt like my dress was a little too tight in my stomach area. Just a tiny bit. I looked down a my stomach. Nothing looked different.

"60!" Olaf exclaimed, running in.

"Do we follow?" Hiccup asked.

"I'm going!" Jack called over his shoulder, rushing in.

"Jack!" Rapunzel called, rushing after him.

"I guess that's a yes," I said. Hiccup and Kristoff followed.

Inside was beautiful. The ice wasn't clear, but it looked pure. There was a fountain and a grand staircase. At the top was a pretty girl with white blond hair and a beautiful blue dress. She resembled Anna, but looked older. Elsa.

"Who are these people?" Elsa asked, looking, scared. She was scared of us! Well, Jacks face was kind of scary, but nothing too bad.

"This is Kristoff, Hiccup, Merida, Rapunzel, and Jack. Jack has snow powers, too! He's the guardian of winter."

Jack, happy to be the center of attention, threw some snow into the air.

Elsa's eyes widened. She started to smile, but stopped, remembering something, and looked really scared.

"You need to go," she said, starting to retreat up the stairs.

"Elsa! Please don't shut me out again!" Anna called, rushing after her.

"Give them another minute," Rapunzel said. Jack looked very disappointed again. Hiccup grabbed my hand and gave it a squeeze. I smiled slightly.

All of a sudden, a huge snowman appeared, holding a squirming Anna. Before we could react, it picked us all up. I tried to melt it with my fire, but nothing happened.

It threw us out, yelling, "Don't come back!"

We fell down off a cliff, landing in the powdery snow below.