CHAPTER SIXTEEN: Bad Vibrations

(Time Skip)

Leon takes a moment to see see his friend's helicopter crash down below the cliff. He must've been our ride our of here, now our moment is gone. He walks back not looking at directly me. He had a serious look on his face-- like he wants revenge. I don't blame him. He walks passed me and continues down the path wielding his pistol. I follow behind him keeping distance with us. He seems really, really frustrated. As we pass through the wooden gate, Leon seems different... I don't know how but he does. He jumps down the ladder and I do the same and he catches me safely. Walking at our own pace, he comes to a sudden stop.

(Leon)- " Aggghh-- grhhh" he grunts holding his chest.

(Y/n)- " Leon-- you alright, whats wrong?"

(Leon)- "...Yeah, I'm fine---grhhahh" he grunts and coughs. I gently place my hands on his back to help him stand up right--but he seemed to have stopped coughing and groaning. He turns around without saying a word.

(Y/n)- " Leon..what're you...? " he grabs my throat with both hands-- choking and squeezing it hard. My heartbeat starts to race--- he's trying to kill me?!

(Y/n)- " Agghh---Le---on!" my voice wasn't getting through to him. I tried to get out of his choke hold but he was too strong for me. I look into his eyes-- but they weren't blue, they were red-- a dark evil red. I can't breathe-- agghhh--

(Woman)- "Leon!" I hear a voice behind me. The woman rolls in and manages to stab Leon's thigh.

(Leon)- " Ahhh! " he loosens his grip around my throat. I kicked my knee into his chest and he releases his hands and falls back on the ground. I cough aggressively-- my throat was dry and hurting. Inside and out. The woman in red, Ada. She tends to me checking my throat. Leon gets back up, I caught glimpse of his eyes, they were back to blue.

(Leon)- " Sorry, (Y/n)" he pants and takes out the pill bottle that Luis gave to him, he pops a few into his mouth. I cough small ones, It was really dry and in pain.

(Ada)- " We have to get that parasite out of your body." she takes a step back away from me.

(Leon)- "Yeah. But before that, we have to save Ashley."

(Ada)- " Fine. Let's split up." she walks off leading out the way were going, leaving me with Leon again. To be honest-- now I'm kind of afraid of him, he can do this again at any moment. I look to him, I must be giving him some weird vibes.

(Leon)- " I'm sorry, the pills must've worn off...I lost control of myself."

(Y/n)- " It's alright...I'm fine" my voice sounded a little broken and raspy.

(Leon)- " I promise you it won't happen again...at least not for a while anyway" he manages to grin, okay-- I feel a little bit better now.

(Y/n)- " Warn me next time" I smiled.

(Leon)- " Will do.Come on, let's get Ashley back."

(Y/n)- " Wait-- about about your leg, Ada stabbed you"

(Leon)- " Yeah-- but she had a good reason to. I'll be fine."

(Y/n)- " Okay" I take a step but he grabs onto my arm gently.

(Leon)- " Hang on, I don't know how bad it's gonna get from here on out-- but here....wear this" he takes off his tactical vest. I take a step forward to get closer to him. I slip my arms through the slots and he straps the vest on to me and adjusts it tight. I feel the warmth from the vest, he has been wearing it a long time. It may have been a little bit big on me but it'll keep me safe. Leon takes a step back to check out how the vests look.