k

it took at least three trips for the two boys to get all their decorations from the car to the house. waffle was getting under foot, which made it a little difficult to get the bags set on the ground.

"well, we did that. i need to check that off the list," mark said, checking the box off next to 'decorations'. 

"at least we know who we're inviting," donghyuck chuckled, snuggling up to mark, head resting on his shoulder. mark's breath hitched, hands resting on donghyuck's, which were on his waist.

"yea, but we still need to get the invites out, babe," mark responded, looking at the other stuff they still have to get done. it's not a lot, but it's also enough to stress over.

"don't stress about it, baby. we're in this together, okay," donghyuck turned mark around, arms on his waist. mark sighed, his arms resting on donghyuck's shoulders.

"who ever said i was stressed," mark sassed, causing donghyuck to roll his eyes a little.

"you don't sleep at night," donghyuck worriedly said, eyes searching mark's face. donghyuck could see this stress in his features.

"how do you know that," mark's eyebrows furrowed slightly, his bottom lip jutting out just a little bit.

"babe, you move around a lot, and you talk to yourself a lot, too. it worries me," donghyuck sighed, pulling mark a little closer. mark's body slacked; he can't believe he's been so stupid.

"stop doubting yourself. you need sleep. if i have to stay up just to make sure that you sleep, i will do that," donghyuck explained, trying to be brave for mark. but, in actuality, he was terrified for him. too much stress can be serious. 

"no, donghyuck, there's no need. i just have a lot on my mind," mark mumbled, turning his head away from donghyuck. donghyuck sighed; there was no point in trying to fight mark on this. this happened too much.

"mark, seriously, you can't stay up all night," donghyuck said, worry heavy in his voice.

"i don't care. this doesn't concern you," was all mark said before he stormed away, leaving donghyuck in tears. donghyuck recollected himself, then called the best person for the job.

taeyong.

"hey, young hyuck, what's up," taeyong's happy voice rang in donghyuck's ear. donghyuck thought about how he should word his sentence, and sighed.

"i need you to come over here. it's mark," donghyuck's voice came out shaky, and almost too quiet. taeyong barely heard the boy.

"is everything okay," taeyong's voice changed instantly to concern, and donghyuck took notice that all the background noise was cut suddenly off.

"he's mad at me," was all donghyuck got out before he started to cry, and he heard taeyong sigh.

"jaehyun and i are coming over," taeyong said quickly before hanging up, and donghyuck tried to calm himself before they got here.

luckily for donghyuck, jaehyun and taeyong had a key, and let themselves in.

"you go with donghyuck, i'll take care of mark," taeyong said to jaehyun the moment they entered the house, and taeyong went upstairs.

"hyuck? it's jaehyun," jaehyun quietly called out, walking into the living room. donghyuck was sitting on the couch, red faced and teary eyed. jaehyun's heart broke, and his instinctively went to sit next to the younger boy.

"hey, kid," jaehyun said, wrapping his arms around donghyuck's shoulders gently.

they had a slight problem on their hands.