Chapter 2

Andy's POV

   I woke up to my alarm going off, I don't know why I still have that annoying contraption. I love my sleep but mom insist I need it so I'm not late to school. As I got out of bed I went to the bathroom to shower and wash up. I'm glad I have my own bathroom, my sister Lauren takes too long too get ready.

   Now that I have my clothes on I head downstairs for breakfast where I see my mom making pancakes, dad drinking coffee, and know Lauren in sight.

   As I sit down to eat I see my sister come down the stairs texting on the phone. She's probably texting her boyfriend I thought, because she's giggling while doing it.

   Lauren and me were always close, but since that accident 3 1/2 years ago she's always sneaking off. I tried to follow her a couple times but I always lost sight of her. I gave up after awhile, she has a secret she doesn't want me or anyone to know about. It hurts knowing we never had secrets between us before.

   As my sister sits next to me to eat my father turns to me.

   "Hey bud what's been going on with you in school. You have been looking sad and your grades have dropped."

   "Nothing dad don't worry about it okay."

   "Andy I notice bruises on your arms if your being bullied let me know."

   "Nothing's wrong can you please drop it," I said bitterly.

   I know my dad means well, but he's never home and when he is he doesn't have time for me or Lauren. I notice Lauren stare at me and she gives me a comforting smile.

   She knows about the bullies that I have and has helped me out a couple times. She's popular and her boyfriend usually helps her with the intimidation of the guys who mess with me. But she isn't always around and when they get me alone, well I come home marked.

   I know I'm not a loser I'm on the track and field team, but the bad boys of the school think because I'm slim and skinny they can push me around. I never tried to hit back because what's the point, I'll just have it worse later.

   "We're walking to school today so we should leave now so we aren't late," I heard Lauren say.

   "Wait I can drive you too school, I have time before I go back to work," our dad said.

   "It's fine we both want the exercise right Andy."

   "Yea, so bye see you guys later."

   I really love Lauren right now, she always knows when I'm uncomfortable. It's strange it's like there's a connection between us. I never really understood it but I know when she's upset or sad. We talked about it before, but figured because we're close siblings it's just natural.

   "Hey if you are having any trouble you'll let me know right."

   "You know one of these days I'll be protecting you."

   "Until that day comes Andy it's my place to protect you as the older sibling."

   "Okay whatever you say, are you going to the homecoming dance tonight."

   "I'm going with Tommy, it's our senior year so it's a must, what about you."

   "I don't think so I have know one to go with."

   " it's your sophomore year it's suppose to be fun and exciting. I know how about you come with us it will be fun."

   "And be the 3rd wheel, I think I'll pass."