Chapter 8

Lauren's POV

   "My name is Lauren Strucker, I'm going to be 18 next month," I spoke out after Marcos and Lorna ask for introductions. I heard my brother go next.

   "I'm Andy Strucker Lauren's brother, I'm 16 years old."

   "I'm Clarice and I'm 21 years old, but you knew that already because you knew my name."

   "How did you know where to find us exactly," I asked curious about what they knew.

   "Honestly we didn't know about you 2 kids, we just came looking for Clarice because she showed up on our radar," Lorna said to us.

   "John is an amazing tracker he led us to where you were, we didn't expect Clarice to be with you," Marcos finished Lorna's explanation.

   "Well we literally ran into each other awhile ago," I spoke to them.

   "It's good we got to you guys before they did, your safe now," John spoke looking directly at me.

   Why is he staring at me so intensely doesn't he know how uncomfortable I am. I saw him stare at my hands looking for what I think are his words on my wrist. I was tempted to look at his to see if my words were on him, but decided against it. As I took another look at him I noticed he seemed to be in his mid 20's. He looks older than me I know that for sure, but I didn't want to think about it right now. I just lost my boyfriend Tommy who I really liked and could have learn too love in time.

   He didn't speak and I was okay with that. I looked at Andy and he smiled at me pulling me into a side hug. I relaxed against him and waited to find out where we were going.

John's POV

   After we started driving away from the scene Marcos introduce us to the new people. I listened as the blonde beauty introduce herself as Lauren. It's such a pretty name and perfect for her. When I found out she was 17 going to be 18 I was shocked. How could my soul mate be 5 years younger than me. I started doubting she was meant to be with me so I tried looking at her wrist to see if my words were on her. I didn't see anything but I was going to find out as soon as I could.

   I found out the boy was 16 and was her brother, that made me relax just a bit. She wasn't his girlfriend and they seemed really close to each other. It made me think of my own younger brother who disappeared a year ago. My brother James was 2 years younger than me and we had the same powers, but his were stronger than my own. I don't feel jealous or anything because I had training when I was in the military and he didn't. It made me happy to know he would be safe as strong as he is, I still miss him though.

   Looking at the 2 siblings made me wish to have my own with me. I know he left in search of someone he met, but I haven't got any calls or letters letting me know he was safe. I was lost in my thoughts when I felt someone staring at me. I looked away from the siblings to see Clarice look at me than look away quickly with a curious look. I didn't understand why she looked at me the way she did, but decided to ignore it.

Clarice's POV

   After I introduce myself I looked around at everybody in the car. As my eyes set on John my heart stopped. He looked familiar and my head was saying I knew him somewhat. I thought maybe he was my soul mate and that's why my heart was beating fast. I realized if he was mine how come he didn't look at me the way he was staring at Lauren. That's when I came to my senses, he didn't know who I was until they had to come looking. So why was my heart aching after realizing he isn't who I'm looking for.

   Looking at his face got a reaction from me so it has to mean something, I just didn't know what. He looked up and caught me staring and I quickly looked away embarrassed. I looked ahead of me and just wished we could be somewhere and rest that's when it came to me, where were we going.