Chapter 25

John's POV

After locking the cell door with the adult Struckers in it I turned to Clarice. Before I could say anything to her I felt someone grip the back of my shirt. I tensed up and forcefully pulled the hand away from me. I turned around to see Caitlin looking at me with pleading eyes. It gave me a shock but I saw Clarice glare at her.

"What is it?" I asked.

"May I talk privately with my kids."

"No what right do you have to talk with them at all," Clarice told her menacingly.

"They are our kids and we want to make amends," Reed spoke after.

"Sure after you let the sentinel agents come get them for being different," I told them both.

"You don't understand, we made a deal with the head agent Jace," Caitlin started saying.

"He agreed to keep them in custody until where they would be safe," Reed finished.

"And you believe that, look at what they do to mutants they caught," Clarice told them pointing at the dying woman.

"Did you know that they were being used, controlled and drugged to attack and capture love ones and friends," I told them.

"We didn't know anything about this, we just wanted to get to our kids," Reed said.

"By infiltrating a mutant base, exposing them and getting them either killed or captured."

"It was a deal we made, if we help them find your base they would keep our kids safe in jail," Caitlin said.

"You don't even want them to be free or help them at all, you want to lock them up in cages like rabid animals," Clarice said.

"We know what we did was wrong and we want to fix things starting with Lauren and Andy."

"You aren't going to speak to Lauren, you hurt her too much and betrayed both her and Andy," I told them both.

"Why do you have the right to decide for either one of them?!" Reed asked.

"Lauren is my mate and Andy is my friend, I'm going to protect them even from you."

"I'll be right behind them and so will Andy's mate, because we care about them," Clarice finished.

"What that not possible your to old for her, and Andy is to young for a serious relationship ship!" Reed practically yelled out.

"What do you mean by mates?" Caitlin asked.

"Mutants who discover their powers have mates destined for them. That way we won't be alone and have somebody to love for and protect," I explained.

"I don't agree to this," Reed said.

"Well you don't have the right you gave that up when you gave them up," Clarice told them angrily.

"If I may interrupt," I heard Darya say.

"And you are?" Caitlin asked.

"My name is Darya, I'm Skylar's mom better known as your sons future mother in law."

"What!" They both shouted.

"As I was saying your not well liked and the other mutants want you gone or dead."

"She's right," I told them.

"So you should keep quiet and stop demanding things, because you have no right here, your outsiders. Once everything is settled Marcos and Lorna will decide what to do with you both."