Chapter 36

Skylar's POV

I sighed to myself as I went to bed and all I wanted was Andy to be with me.  As I was laying down I tried to feel some form of connection with Andy through our bond, but I could only feel he was alive. I started wishing I had the power to communicate with him through our bond and that's when it hit me. I knew someone who can communicate and read minds as his mutant powers and I knew what I had to do. I jumped out of bed and went straight to my mother waking her up in a hurry.

"Mom wake up I just had a eureka moment."

"Skylar please its late let me sleep."

"No this can't wait I need this to happen now please," I said desperately to her.

"Okay what is it that's so important you had to wake me up before our rescue mission."

"Do you still have contact with our friend Mark, the one who can read  and communicate with his mind?"

"I still have his number, but I haven't spoken to him in awhile, why?"

"I want to get in contact with him and see if his powers can let me connect and communicate with Andy to know hes okay and tell him about the plan."

"Wow um okay, but first we need to tell Marcos and Lorna."

I waited for my mother to get decent and we both walked to the couples room hoping they would be awake still. As I knocked on their door I could hear shuffling and than a huge thud sound. I was confused about what the noise was until Marcos opened the door and rubbing his head.

"What is going on?"

"Marcos my daughter wanted to ask you something and this could help with the plan we already have."

"What exactly do you need from me Skylar?"

I told him exactly what I told my mother and halfway through my explanation Lorna joined him in the doorway.

"Marcos this can work, why not let them go it will be safer for them this way."

"Lorna i'm not going to allow them out there to meet a mutant I don't know and without protection."

"Why don't you assign someone you trust to come along so nothing can go wrong?" I told him.

"Okay Okay, but you leave before the others wake up and you do this secretly. I don't need anyone to question anything."

"Thank you!" I shouted as quietly as I could and hugged him before rushing back to where I was staying to get ready.

It took me a total of 10 minutes to get ready a record for me, but I was to excited to think about anything else. I know my mom told me not to get my hopes up because it might not work, but I felt like this was going to work and nothing was going to change my mind. After about another 10 minutes my mother and I left with shatter a mutant who can turn his skin into a hard, protective crystal. According to my mom we were gonna meet Mark at a location she wasn't going to share with me for my own protection. I laid my head on the car window shield and closed my eyes letting sleep come to me at last, but my worries never left my mind.

Present Day

John's POV

I was driving back to our place and I looked next to me to see Lauren sagging in her seat sighing in relief. I than looked in the mirror to see my brother James who I missed dearly. He was holding Clarice to him like she was his lifeline, and if she moved away from him for a bit he would disappear.  I scanned the van to see if everyone was okay when I notice a certain red head was missing. I double looked  again and still I couldn't see her and I started getting worried that I left her behind.