Who is there?

It's been a while since Kara left. I am feeling too lonely. Of course I have my brother with me but he is too young and we always fight as usual. I came back from my college and was doing some studies when Natalie called me.

"Hello?" I asked and gasped only to find an overly excited Natalie on the other end of the line.

"Meli!!!!! Tomorrow is my birthday!!!! I am throwing a party!!!! Don't miss out!!!! AND DRESS WELL!!! IF YOU WEAR ANYTHING OUT THERE, WHICH YOU USUALLY DO COMING TO COLLEGE, THEN I WILL CUT OFF YOUR HEAD OK!!!! Something sassy and elegant and yeah if possible wear the one which you got from that 'Sky High' shop, black and elegant love it!! And yeah Davin said he will pick you up at sharp 7pm soooo be ready tomorrow and its a sunday afterall so you can start doing your makeup from the morning muahhhh!!!" She more or less yelled and I was awe stucked. I said a simple thankyou and we talked for a while then she hung up and I started doing my practical sheets. Ah! yeah those things are killing me.

I finished my dinner and excusing myself from my parents and brother I came back to my room. Now that tomorrow I am going to her birthday, I have to complete atleast 10 more sheets today to make up the time.

I started doing my work and I was so into it that I didn't give attention to the time. It was already past 1am. I started panicking and hurrying to finish the work. Four sheets were left to be done.

Suddenly I heard a noise of glass shattering. I went to the bathroom and checked it thoroughly but no one was there. I went to the room attached to my room and found my favourite show piece, which Cassie gifted me on my 14th birthday, shattered on the floor. My heart quickened it's pace. Maybe it was any cat or our pet dogs Mandy or Candy. I relieved myself and started picking up the pieces of glass. That's when I heard someone's footsteps, approaching me. I turned around and saw no one.

"Who is there?" I yelled at the door which goes into the store room. No answer. I started picking the pieces again when I felt one glass piece slip smoothly through my finger. It started bleeding.

I went back into my room and washed my hand. The blood won't stop coming out. I wrapped it with a piece of cloth as I was out of band-aids. I went back to that room, a little scared. I didn't bother calling mom and dad as they would be irritated by my acts and after all there was no one, they would say I am seeing things and it is nothing.

I went back into the room and I don't know why but my mind forced me to check the store room. I went there and as I thought, no one was there. When I turned back I heard someone moving. The sound was coming from the old wardrobe. I went there to check it. I opened it to check inside.

Suddenly someone pushed me inside and I fell into the wardrobe arching my back. I tried to turn around but that person was applying force on my head. I realized my leg was near that person's. I hit the leg and turned around. But, now the person was applying force on my throat. I tried to prevent it but the person was too strong. Atleast I could see the face but all black. The person was dressed up in all black. Only I could see those eyes. They were hazel due to the light of street lamp. Those eyes were somehow familiar to me. But I couldn't recognise them.

Suddenly I heard siren. Sirens of police cars and I passed out there immidiately.

___________________________________________________________________

Hey fellow readers, I hope you will love this chapter and please point out my mistakes I am trying hard to work on them......By the way I sleep always at 1am , be it holiday or exam( maybe 2 for exams XD) and I guess most of you do that too.....cuz of studies of coz lol .....Vote, support, comment thankyou😚
and please don't be a silent reader😂😂