Science Fiction

A harsh melody awakens you instantly. Surprised, you immediately sit up and release a blood curdling scream with your eyes still closed from fear. It is then that you begin to feel your surroundings, but manage to keep your eyes shut just in case. Your hands grab the soft bunches of your comforter, and you feel the sheets damp from sweat wrapped around your slick legs. Your shirt clings to your sweaty chest, and your hair is practically sticking to your forehead. You decide to open your eyes from the confusion, and notice you are in your room. The faint noise of your alarm clock briefly distracts you as you hit the snooze button.
*wow, what day is it? It's definitely not my 8am alarm? What's happening? Did I sleep for days?*
You begin to freak out as a piece of hair drops into your face. You carelessly try to bring it behind your ear, but you feel a scratching sensation on your temple and flinch.
"Ow! What is that?"
You look to your hand and gasp as you identify the source of your pain.
The onyx ring is on your finger.
"What?!?" You accidentally scream in shock.
You hear a panicked footsteps in the kitchen and a short knock at your door before the door swings open.
"Are you ok?" Your bewildered blonde roommate asks, her face a mix of concern and confusion.
"Uh, yeah!" You laugh. "I just had a bad dream!" You giggle as you fiddle with the ring on your left finger.
*yep, that's definitely the ring, but how?*
Your roommate, Katie, breathes out a sigh of relief. "Thank God! I had gotten super worried! I mean last night when your friend brought you home-"
"Wait-who?" You immediately interrupt.
"Your friend! He said his name was... ugh what was it! Franky? Frank? Something like that. You were pretty out of it! He said you'd gotten super drunk and he brought you home! He had your keys and everything and he knew your room number! He was super nice!" She looks to you for confirmation but sees that your face is still shocked. "Oh God he dies know you, right? I didn't let a random person take you home? He didn't hurt you did he?" She suddenly becomes hysterically concerned and you laugh as you wave off her concerns.
"Ohhhh no I know him! Haha, I guess I was just... pretty wasted!" You giggle as you try to reassure her you're fine.
"Well, alright! I'll let you get ready then!"
"Get ready?"
"Well yeah! Haven't you checked the note he left you? It's on your nightstand! Have fun!" She closes the door with a playful grin on her face.
You immediately catch sight of a piece of white paper with neat black writing on it.
"My darling, I'm sorry I had to leave you so suddenly, but it was the only way. I'm sure you don't remember much with what happened, so I'll explain everything tonight. I'll pick you up at 7, and wear what I brought you, it's on your desk. See you then, my love.
-F"
Your heart skips a beat as you notice a bright red package on your desk. You tear open the wrapping paper to reveal a deep red velvet mini dress with a sweetheart neckline and playful spaghetti straps. You then notice the black pumps, and black onyx drop earrings.
*oh my god, he must have bought this for me!* you think with a grin on your face.
You check your phone and notice it is already 4:30 pm.
"Fuck!" You yell as you rush to the shower. You step into the small space and turn on the warm water as you press play from your phone to dance to some music while you get ready. None other than the Rocky Horror soundtrack comes on. The gentle notes of the "science fiction double feature reprise" put your mind at ease and you begin your routine. You lather the shampoo in your hair and reminisce on what happened that last few days, before you let your mind wander to what the future will be like. You once again glance at your ring, the black gem glimmering among the water droplets and smile. You can't wait for tonight. You can't wait for tomorrow. You can't wait as long as your future is with him.

THE END.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9HF63XNES2I

***
-PATION
Oh my god guys I can't believe it's over. I'd first like to thank my friend Meredith for encouraging me throughout this entire thing and who gave me the confidence to even post this. I'd also like to thank bohemianmayonnaise69 for literally blessing my soul with your beautiful presence every chapter and giving me such kind words about life and the story (you the OG ride or die). Thanks to everyone that read, is reading, or will read. Thanks to everyone in the original movies and theatre productions, but especially Tim Curry, my forever love. Y'all are the best. Peace  my loves✌🏼****