39. 40.

39. His POV

She surprised us all when she coldly told the old man that she would have her own security arrangements done by her family. Lee chuckled softly in the silence.
"Well. Now that that is sorted we can all go back to bed. Good day, Father."

They started speaking in Chinese and Milly got up so I followed her. We silently walked back to the guest room I'd made mine and without a word she took off the boxers and slipped into the bed. I closed the blackout curtains over the other ones and slipped in beside her. I didn't speak, just took a risk and moved right over to her. I slowly put my arm around her waist giving her a chance to move away from me. She didn't. Now she was spooned into me fitting perfectly, she lifted her head in invitation and I slipped my other arm under it. The lack of sleep fought for dominance with the thoughts churning in my brain but in the end sleep pulled me under while Milly's breath caressed my arm.

I woke up to her soft voice and listened to her explain what had happened to someone on the other end of the phone. Pretending to still be asleep I shamelessly listened as she requested a guard and background checks of her own on Lee and his family. I smiled to myself, she was cautious, but a part of me was sad too. Why would the beautiful, feisty girl that was taking over my mind every waking second be so cautious? What had happened to her to make her comfortable with this crazy situation. Any other girl would have been a sobbing mess by now.

When she finished her call she sighed and walked back to the bed. I kept my eyes closed and wrapped my arms around her when she snuggled into me.

40. Her POV

I wasn't sure if I'd woken him when I rang my dad but I didn't care. Looking at him when I finished my conversation I decided to take what I could get. He was too good to be true and I didn't want to believe that he could actually be interested in me as a person, I was just the new girl. Rafe had befriended me and Daryl didn't date girls at school but that didn't mean he didn't date other girls, I couldn't work this guy out. I sighed and slipped back under the covers deciding to be brave and snuggling up to Superman. His arms wrapped around me and he remained blissfully silent as sleep pulled me back under.

He wasn't in the room when I woke up but there was a towel and a large sweater neatly folded beside my dress. I took a shower and enjoyed the hot water cascading down my back. The shampoo and bodywash was definitely the brand that Superman used, I smelled it happily as I lathered myself. The guys were in the kitchen and Rafe chuckled when he saw the sweater that was almost as long as the dress I'd worn when we went out.

"Don't judge, it's not my fault you boys are so stupidly tall." I grinned at him as I accepted a black coffee from Lee.
"What do you want in your coffee?" He asked while I sat down beside Rafe.

"Just coffee, Lee, thank you."

Lee hugged me from behind and when he let go I leaned into Rafe who easily slipped an arm around me. "Did you sleep alright?" He asked gently.

"Just fine. And Lee..?"
"Yeah?" He replied hesitantly.

"Don't worry about me. My family will take care of things. Dad said he can send someone over to talk to your father so that they can set up a plan that is a bit more proactive and safer for you at the same time. Oh and as a fair warning... You might want to stay away from that meeting. My family is kinda upset with you."

"Why are they upset with Lee?" Daryl asked sounding truly mystified.

Rafe laughed and replied before I could. "For a genius you are remarkably stupid sometimes bro. He knew that someone is after him and he still took her out with us. I dare say her dad wouldn't mind having a piece of all three of us. Isn't that right baby girl?"

"He's not exactly impressed." I mumbled while Daryl mumbled a few choice words under his breath. Then he looked at me with apologetic eyes. "We didn't know they would take a shot at us. Last time someone came after Lee they tried to beat him up and we took care of them before his body guards even got to us. We figured you could protect yourself if they tried again and the bodyguards are way closer now.. and we would be with you all the time."

"It's alright guys."

The rest of the time we talked about nothing and everything but we had somehow managed to avoid any mention of what happened before. When the doorbell rang at four in the afternoon Lee didn't look surprised, we were in the living room playing a heated game of Blockus. He came back in with his father and some very familiar figures. I launched myself from my seat.