37. 38.

Almost didn't update, I am trying to get the whole thing up as fast as possible but I keep finding mistakes... editing.
Maybe I shouldn't read before I post ;)
Enjoy
37. His POV

After working up the nerve to tell her I wanted to hold her, she teased me. I knew she was teasing but I wanted her to know she was not just any girl. I carefully pulled her into my arms, trying to give her the time to reject me, hoping she wanted to be there. When I had her in my embrace she looked at me with a breathtaking smile, I'm sure my heart jumped at the gorgeous sight. All I could think was that I wanted, needed, to kiss her. But Murphy's law had it in for me. A loud bang broke the moment. A shot fired somewhere outside and had us both instantly on high alert.

A curse escaped me and she giggled in reply. I immediately doubted that she felt what I did every time she was close but another gunshot sounded from somewhere further away. Well, that fixed that. There was no way we would be able to sleep now... or do anything else for that matter. I released Milly and we both crawled out of bed, I pulled on my jeans and saw her hesitate as she looked at the dress she'd been wearing.
"Don't worry about the dress, I have some boxers you can wear that cover just as much... if not more." I told her cheekily as I opened the cupboard in the early morning light that fought its way through the curtains.
"What? You want me covered up? Did I look that bad in the dress?" She asked me with a serious, somewhat sad face.
"No! No, I was just.."
She burst out laughing and cut me off. "It's fine Superman, I was kidding."
I threw the boxers at her face with a growl but smiled nevertheless.

"Aren't you putting a shirt on?" She asked when I opened the door to step out and see what was happening. I turned to look at her and with the extra light spilling through the doorway saw a blush on her face. I shrugged purposely and winked at her while watching the faint blush intensify. "Nah, I'm good. Problem?"
"No, no, it's fine..." In the silence that had followed the gunshots I heard her mumble under her breath, 'very fine indeed, don't cover up on my account.', I don't think she meant for me to hear that but I couldn't help the cocky smile on my face as I walked out.

Raised voices, rapid fire Chinese and one calming English one that sounded like Rafe. Milly had put the boxers on in a rush and I felt her right on my heels as I stalked down the hall to the kitchen. There were five people in there. Lee was yelling at an older man, Rafe was trying to calm him down and two guards were standing quietly alert in the background. All heads turned to me as I walked in and the older Chinese man seemed to immediately spot Milly behind me. His eyes pointedly glanced at Lee before turning back to us and stepping around me. He kindly bowed to Milly and introduced himself in Chinese. She simply smiled and replied in kind. I could barely understand the dialect they used. But the guards had clearly informed Lee's father that she understood and spoke it.

The old man turned to me and spoke English so I could understand. "I'm sorry that you have to be caught in this situation, Daryl. It would have been nice to see you again in better circumstances, my son however doesn't seem to want his family involved with his friends."
Lee growled something unintelligible but one look from his father shut him down. "The situation has been contained but we are currently still looking for one shooter that escaped my men. I'm going to have to ask you and the lovely Miss Miller to remain here for the day."

He turned to the table and sat down, gestured for us to sit down as well and again shot some rapid Chinese at Lee. Lee grudgingly went to the stove and put on a kettle of water to boil it. In the past I had teased him that he had enough money for an electric jug but some things were to be done the old way he told me, his father wouldn't accept water that wasn't boiled on fire, tea served in stoneware, leaves from only a specific region and hands positioned just so when the tea was served to him. So we sat and waited while the guards stood to attention behind us. Milly looked quite relaxed and thankfully spoke English when she addressed the intimidating old man like he was an old friend. "Mr. Wung, may I thank you for the kindness your son has shown me. I understand that I was brought through your security without the proper clearance."