23. 24.

23. His POV

She did have a smart mouth but having her snuggled up to me I knew she'd be fine. I wasn't the best guy here but I had a decent reputation as a fighter and we were with Rafe and Lee. Lee was the best fighter here and the two of us were the only people he didn't fight, for obvious reasons. I was honest enough to admit Donald was a good looking guy but Milly was obviously not impressed instead of shaking his hand she slipped an arm around me and when he tried to out sass her, she made him look like an idiot. In my eyes she couldn't get more perfect.

A loud cheering indicated the fight was finished and the next one would soon start. Rafe and Lee had started fighting for the same reason and Lee was deadly. He was four years older than Rafe but had waited almost a year before asking Rafe about me because we were always together. He had wanted to know if I was his boyfriend. Rafe took offense on my behalf not giving Lee any certainty about where Rafe stood on the matter but Lee was persistent and as I had just walked up asked me instead. Rafe being Rafe had just given him a look and replied for me that I didn't play on the same team as he did. Lee had smiled happily and asked if that meant Rafe was single. They'd been an item ever since, both families knew and were happy for them but Lee worked at the bar because his father owned it and Rafe was in school so they didn't get too much time together.

Rafe confidently took his opponent down in no time at all while Lee said he'd already set me up. I was tapped on my shoulder by some guy and told I'd be up fight after next. Milly was bouncing and had pulled me close to the rope to see Rafe fight. She wasn't worried about the pounding fists or disgusted by the blood, Lee leaned in saying that I had a keeper in her and we both glanced at her excited face. She was on her tippy toes but the ring was raised so she obviously saw enough. The moment Rafe got the other guy down she turned to me and smiled her dazzling smile. "Thank you for letting me come along!" She told me and, at a loss for words in the face of her happiness, I just nodded.

Rafe came over after getting his winnings and got a quick hug from Lee, they didn't advertise their relationship regardless of the fact that most people that were here regularly knew about them. Neither of them was the type to flaunt their affections in public. I gave Rafe a fist bump congratulating him on his win and then I was shoved aside by the little fiery dynamo that we'd brought along. She jumped him, feet off the floor, and hugged him with a girly little squeal.

"You were awesome. Thank you SO much for taking me along! But for future reference your defense on the left is a bit weak, you are too focused on protecting that pretty face of yours and it opens you up when they feign that way."

Lee burst out laughing. Rafe growled that Lee told her to say that and I was stunned because I knew he hadn't. Lee had told him that heaps of times before and she picked up on it in one fight, amazing.

Rafe was looking at my face and seemed to understand she hadn't been told by Lee. He looked back at where Lee and Milly were hanging off each other like old friends. Lee said something to her but it wasn't loud enough for us to her, we could only see her face light up and then she hugged him. Full out jumped him hugging, legs wrapped around his waist arms around his neck, she was crazy enough to assume that he would be able to hold her up. There wasn't any reason but I still felt a flash of jealousy. People cheered, Lee turned to me with her in his arms and loudly told her. "Give him a hug, he's on now."

She easily dropped down and took two rushed steps to throw herself in my arms. "Go get 'em, Superman."

I felt like Superman with her in my arms but I couldn't stop the glare forming on my face as I looked at the guy from earlier. He was always a problem. I'd beaten his brother and he had rounded up some friends to ambush Rafe and me when we left the club that night. They hadn't counted on Lee coming with us and we had left them bleeding and partly broken. Donald hadn't been part of the mob that ambushed us but he held me responsible for his brother landing in hospital. She released me and I stepped over the rope to take the few steps that brought me to the ring. The fighter area was thankfully close to the ring. We waited a few minutes while the bets came in but just before we started I glanced at Milly.