43. 44.

I should be doing my homework 🥺
What should you be doing?
43. His POV

Rafe left to deal with his sisters and when we got back in the car there was a distance between Milly and myself that annoyed me. I liked it much better when she was close to me. Two weeks and my brain was turning to mush over this girl. We got to my house with minimum conversation. Her father and brother asked me a few questions but Milly told them to stop when it started to sound like an interrogation. At my house they got out of the car with me. When I frowned and threw her a confused look, Milly shrugged that they were protective and wanted to know my parents. I smirked. They would be getting more than they bargained for in that case. My mother was a brand of interrogation that they wouldn't expect and she took no prisoners.

She didn't disappoint. After calling dad from their joined office, they have their own business, and sweetly giving everyone something to drink, she started by politely asking if we had eaten. When the answer was negative she asked if they wanted to stay for dinner. It was one of those questions that was filled with disapproval. The children hadn't eaten yet. Didn't matter that we were eighteen and capable of getting food ourselves. Both men understood the tone because they diplomatically informed her that they hadn't wanted to get junk food and they were sure that her uncle Z would feed them.

"Does he know you still need to eat? Never mind. You'll all just have to stay here and have dinner with us. I've made plenty."
They couldn't argue with her tone, I never understood how my mother managed to cower even grown men with that tone but it worked every time.

"Thank you ma'am." Nathan said after a quick look with their father. My dad had gotten up to get glass of water and I saw him smirking at her dad. Then my dad bravely said. "I'll restrain her if you want to get home."

"It's all good. I'd like to get to know the people my daughter hangs out with."

Milly sarcastically butted in. "Yeah, cause I hang out with his parents and the rest of his family."

"Milly!" Nate snapped at her but mum intervened before Milly could say anything else to her brother.
"Why don't you and Daryl go get the boys from next door. Sylvester's parents are both out of town for the week."

I quickly got up and grabbed Milly's hand to drag her next door. I knew that tone and didn't need my mother sealing into me because she wouldn't and couldn't say anything to Milly. Her father and brother smirked but they had no idea they had just been set up for an interrogation. Suckers!

"Text me when it's ready." I said cheekily just before I dragged Milly from the room, into the kitchen and out the back door. She stopped me half way to Sly's house and I half turned to her so I could see what was wrong. She was looking at her hand still firmly in mine.

"Is it a problem that I'm holding your hand, ET?" I asked with a smirk.

She looked up and blushed. I finally understood Mikey's obsession with making girls blush, I'd never been this incredibly interested in anyone but the rush I got from knowing that I had caused that was nothing short of addictive. I released her hand and boldly stepped closer.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable." I softly told her. She looked up and the moment she did I slipped my arm around her shoulders like I had done a few times before and turned her to where we were going. I started walking and she had no choice but walk along. I happily told her. "This is fine by me too."

I glanced at her and saw her drop her head to cover her face. Just before she hid her face I glimpsed her cheeks and they were still red. As always I went to the backdoor and walked right in, aiming for the lounge where they had the television blaring.