Chapter Thirty

1 month later

Today is the day of Emily's funeral. Kelly has invited intelligence and those from Chicago Med who helped Emily alongside, of course, everyone from 51. As the coffin is being taken into the church, the song, Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon and Garfunkel.

Kelly gives the eulogy. The priest motions for him to approach the altar. Kelly stands up, walks onto the altar and behind the lectern. 'Emily was a bubbly, loveable girl who was musical mad. She would always be singing musical tunes, whether it was Les Mis, Grease, Hairspray, Hamilton or Dear Evan Hansen.' Kelly starts. 'I remember when I first saw Emily. She was a patient that was stuck in an elevator at Chicago Med. ' He continues. 'She brought light into my life. She brought light to anyone's life.' Tears start rolling down his cheeks. 'I'm just glad that I was able to be there for her. To become her dad. To become her family. I'm sure anyone from 51 will say the same.' He then steps down and returns to his seat. 

When it gets to the burial, Kelly decides to have a song playing as the coffin is being lowered into the ground. He decides on I'll Stand By You by The Pretenders.

At the end of the ceremony, Kelly sticks around. 'You're at peace now, Emily.' He smiles. 'You're at peace.' He whispers.