Chapter 2: No school

3rd person:

     The next morning Mike woke up to make breakfast. When he took the yellow box of eggos out, he smiled 'El loves eggos' he thought. After the four little waffles were popped into the toaster, he went downstairs to the basement and saw El fast asleep in her new bed.

Mike's PoV:

     She's so pretty when she sleeps, her short curly hair looked so perfect even when it was messy. She shifted in her sleep and slowly opened her eyes.

     "Mike?"

     "Good morning El, I'm making breakfast upstairs, wanna come?"

     "Sure." She said sitting up and rubbing her eyes.

     We made our way upstairs and I took the well done eggos out of the toaster and put them onto two plates and set them down on the table. Her face instantly brightened up at the sight of eggos and she stuffed them in her mouth, it made me laugh and she glared at me.

     "What? It's cute when you eat!"

     "What are we gonna do today?" She said changing the subject.

     "I was thinking we could go to the park?"

     "Park?"

     "Oh, it's a place where people can go to do fun activities."

     "That sounds fun!"

     "Yeah, let's get dressed and we can bike to the park."

     "Okay."

     After about 20 minutes, we were ready to go to the park.

     "Nancy! We're going to head to the park! We will be back in time for dinner!"

     "Alright! Be safe!"

     Me and El went outside and we got on my bike and headed to the park.

El's PoV:

     When we got to the park I saw lots of kids there on this building type thing with a huge yellow tube coming out of it.

     "Whats that?" I asked Mike pointing to the building.

     "Oh that? That's a play structure, it has lots of fun things that kids can play like a swing set, and that big yellow thing is a slide, it lets kids go down it at really fast paces, it's really fun."

     "Pla-ay st. Structure?"

     "Do you wanna go try it out?"

     "Sure." That thing made me nervous.

     The play structure was so much fun! My favorite thing was the swing set, it took some time to learn how to use it but once I got the hang of it. That's all I wanted to do.

      After a while the kids left so it was just me and Mike. We were still on the swings.

     "Mike?"

     "Yeah?"

     "So, at the snowball and at the school last night, we did this thing where our mouths touched, what is that?"

     Mike blushed and looked away.

     "Oh um. It's- it's called kissing."

     "Kissing?"

     "Yeah, it's another thing that two people that like each other do."

     "Oh. Well I like kissing."

     We were very quiet for a while and when I turned my head to face him, he was very close.

     "Mike?"

     "El..." he leaned in more and he kissed me for the third time, this one lasted longer than the rest of them. And when we pulled back he instantly turned away.

     "Mike? Mike what's wrong?" I asked quietly.

     "El, I have to tell you something."

Mike's PoV:

     I love her, I'm in love with her. She makes me feel so happy. I don't know what I'd do with out her.

     "El. I- I love you..."

     "Lov-e?"

     "Love, love is when a person likes a person so much. Love is when all you want to do is be around them. Kiss them, hug them, love is way more powerful than just liking them." I was so embarrassed.

     "Oh Mike... then I love you too." She said smiling and blushing a little.

     El is so perfect, I love her short curly brown hair. Her big brown innocent eyes. The smile she gives me when she's happy. I don't know what I would do with out her.

     "El? Do you want to be my girlfriend?"

     "What's girlfriend?"

     "It's what two people that love each other are. I would be your boyfriend and you would be my girlfriend."

     "Mike, I would love that." She said and took my hand.

     "Lets go home." We got onto my bike and peddled home smiling the whole way back.

Authors note~
Awwwwww, they are just too cute! I love them so much I just can't handle it!