Chapter 7: The cabin

3rd person:

Everyone was rushing around the house in a blur cleaning and fixing it. They dusted everything, fixed anything that was broken, and when they were finished, everyone was in the living room talking.

"So what are we gonna do now?" Mike asked sitting down in a chair.

"You kids are gonna stay here with Joyce for a while, you can't go outside or do anything. The people at the lab are probably looking for us right now."

Every one nodded.

"How long do you think we have to be here?" Nancy asked.

"I would say at least a month or so. None of you will be in school when it starts again."

Everyone looked down, Lucas and Dustin sighed at the same time.

«later»

Mike's PoV:

Nancy and El shared a room and me and the boys shared a room. And Joyce was on the fold out couch in the living room. I can't believe we're gonna be stuck in this place.

"Mike?" El said walking into our room. I was alone.

"Oh, hey El."

"Are you okay?"

"Not really, I was stuck in the lab, it terrified me. Every day they would strap me to a chair or a table and try to make me speak. I didn't, and when I refused. They hurt me. They hurt me..."

I was crying now.

"Oh Mike..." El's eyes had tears in them as she walked over to me and hugged me tightly.

"I don't want to lose you El. I can't be without you."

"Mike it's okay, i'll stay by your side forever."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

El's PoV:

It hurt me to see Mike like this. Mike is always the strong one. But now. He's fragile.

"El?"

"Yes?"

"Can you stay with me for a while? I don't want to be alone."

"Okay."

We played down on the foam bed that was on the floor. As Mike sat down his sleeve went up a bit. I gasped.

"Mike..."

I pulled up his sleeve and found lots of bruises and cuts on his arm.

I lifted the other side. Same thing.

"Oh Mike I'm so sorry." I started to cry and put my head on his chest.

"El, I'm fine now. They are gonna heal."

"No. They hurt you..."

"I'll be fine. I'm with you."

I looked up. His soft dark eyes were looking into mine.

He started to lean in and I did the same until out lips touched.

We were kissing. I missed kissing Mike. He always put his hand behind my neck and tangled his hand into the curls of my hair, and tilted his head slightly.

We pulled apart.

"I love you El."

"I love you too Mike." I said smiling.

That was the last thing we said before falling asleep.

Nancy's PoV:

El didn't come to our room last night so I decided to look around.

The first place I checked was the boys room and sure enough, there she was. She was sleeping. Her head rested on Mike's shoulder and had one arm tightly holding on to his arm.

They were so cute.

I decided to leave them alone and went to go make breakfast.

Joyce was in the kitchen sipping some coffee and reading one of the books.

"Good morning Mrs. Byers."

"Good morning Nancy! How did you sleep?"

"I slept well, you?"

"I slept okay, the bed was kind of stiff it was a little hard on my back." She chuckled.

"Oh I'm sorry, I'm making breakfast. Do you want anything."

"Oh no I'm fine. I have coffee." She said smiling.

As I made breakfast, a couple of the boys came into the living room. Will, Dustin, and Lucas.

They all sat down and rubbed their eyes.

"I'm making breakfast guys!"

They all nodded their heads. I laughed at myself. Teenage boys. Ha.

A couple of minutes later, breakfast was ready. As I was setting the table Mike and El finally emerged.

"Good morning guys, I made breakfast, come sit down."

We all sat at the table and ate in silence.

I can't believe that this will be our lives for the next month...

Authors note~
Ahhh I love Mike so much! This chapter was a little boring at the end, I'm sorry but I was getting stuck. anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! :D