Chapter 11: Training

Mike's PoV:

     When I was asleep nothing was happening at first and then I felt a weird sensation going around in my body. It felt hot but it wasn't hurting me. Then something happened and my heart was beating a lot faster. My breathing quickened, and I felt something in my hands.

     Then I woke up.

     I looked at my hands, arms, legs. Everything seemed fine. But my body just felt different. It felt lighter and stronger.

     "Well done Mike, your powers have woken up a lot faster than I expected."

     El looked speechless. She just stared blankly at me, it was sad.

     "What happens now?"

     "We are going to help you use those powers. We don't want them to take over you, you need to learn how to control them."

     I nodded my head nervously.

     "We have a new training center for both of you to train in. Once you are both ready then you will be put in the upside down with a few other men to help destroy the beast. It's trying to come back."

     Me and El looked at each other and nodded our heads.

     "What happens after if we defeat it?"

     "You and El will be given back to your family Mike, and attend normal school like nothing happened. We will still be monitoring you until you graduate high school. By the time you go home, you will both be able to control your powers enough so you won't accidentally use them on other students or people."

     This made me nervous.

     "When will we start training?"

     "You will both start today."

El's PoV:

     I can't believe me and Mike are going to kill the mindflayer. We have to go back to the upside down.

     As we were heading to the training center, they gave us black training gear.

     "After you are finished changing we will begin the training. Mike will come over here and El will be over here." The doctor said pointing to the different parts of the training center.

     Once we finished changing, me and Mike went to opposite sides of the room.

     My training was boring, I had to move small items into the correct boxes. I wanted to do something more fun.

     This was dumb. It was making me get frustrated. Then I looked over at Mike.

     He was staring at his hands.

Mike's PoV:

     They told me to try and make a spark come from my hands. It was very difficult.

     They told me to clear my mind and only think about the electricity going through my veins.

     I closed my eyes and felt the buzz of the electricity. I felt all of the lights, the computers. And my own heart. As I kept listening I felt something deep inside of me, moving through my arms and into my hands. I felt that familiar heating sensation and then, my hands started to spark.

     I opened my eyes and I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

     I saw electricity coming out of my hands. It was very small but I did it. Then it went away.

     "Great job Mike!" Wolfe said walking towards me.

     This won't be too bad, I think.

Hopper's PoV:

     Its been a day since Eleven and Mike were taken. I am doing all I can to get people ready to go to the lab.

     I called many officers to come with me in a few days to the lab. I wish we could go now, but I can't for a couple of days due to the amount of officer that are able to come.

     A few hours ago, I called the Wheelers and told them what happened. I told them I would get them as soon as possible. Mrs. Wheeler was devastated. I sent everyone to there house to stay there. I'm even staying there.

     The house was very cramped with all of the people in it. The kids were helping me come up with the plans to get Mike and El back.

Nancy's PoV:

     We were all waiting in my house for a couple of days to make plans to figure out how to Get Mike and El home.

     I was so scared, they could be getting hurt. They could be dead.

     Me and Jonathan sat in the living room for a while silently. None of us had anything to say. All we could hear was the boys downstairs talking about plans.

Will's PoV:

     "So how are we getting into the lab?" I asked Hopper.

     "We're just going to all walk in at the same time and ask them where Mike and El are. We won't be sneaking in this time."

     "Okay."

     I hope they aren't suffering. They are my best friends. I don't want anything bad to happen to them.

     "It's getting late, we should probably head to bed soon." Hopper said to us.

     We all nodded our heads and got the beds ready.

     "I hope we find them." Dustin said.

     "Me too."

Authors note~
I feel like nobody likes my book, but it's okay. It's still fun writing it. :)