Chapter 9: Gone again

El's PoV:

     I woke up the next morning with my head on Mike's shoulder.

      Oh right, we were reading.

     I slowly got out of the bed and went into the living room. Joyce was there drinking her coffee.

     "Good morning Joyce."

     "Morning El, I made breakfast. It's on the table."

     "Thanks."

     "No problem."

     I ate alone in silence for a while before people started waking up and coming over to the table to eat.

     First Will, then Lucas, then Nancy, Dustin, and Mike finally came to eat.

Nancy's PoV:

     When I woke up, El wasn't in our room again. I sighed and went to the dining room to eat. El, Lucas, and Will were already eating. And Mike came right after me.

     "So um, what do you guys want to do today?" I asked them.

     "Play a game?" Will asked.

     "Sure!" Everyone said together.

     As they all played monopoly, I called Jonathan.

     "Hey, how are you?"

     "I'm fine, I can't believe I'm not there with you guys. Mom told me I had to stay home for a while."

     "I know. Your watching your house right?"

     "Yeah, I have to make sure nobody comes. Plus, Hopper is staying here so I'll be fine."

     "Okay good. I gotta go, bye Jonathan."

     "Bye Nancy."

     Jonathan is so strong. I can't believe he's been through all of this and still acts calm.

     His brother was missing for a year and when he came back he was possessed by the monster from the place he was at. If that was Mike...

Lucas' PoV:

     I can't believe I have to be in this house for a month. There's no point in me, Nancy, Will, Or Dustin to be here. The lab wants only Mike and El.

     After about two hours of playing monopoly I give up and call Max.

     "Hi can I talk to Max? I'm her friend Lucas from school."

     "Sure thing sweetie, MAX YOU HAVE A FRIEND ON THE PHONE!"

     "Hey Lucas."

     "Hi Max, how are you?"

     "I'm doing fine, how are you holding up at that cabin?"

     "Not good at all! I'm so bored all the time! And I'm cramped in a room at night with my friends everyday, I mean I love them and all, I just can't handle being with them all day everyday."

     "Aw I'm sorry, I wish I could come over."

     "I wish you could too."

     "Well I gotta go, Billy just got home."

     "Okay, by Max."

     "Bye."

Hopper's PoV:

     I get calls every morning from Joyce giving me reports on how the kids are doing. They all seem to be doing fine, and Jonathan is doing okay at home.

     When I was sitting in my office I noticed a big white vehicle drive by the station. It was from the lab.

     I got up instantly from my desk and called Joyce.

     "Joyce?"

     "Hi Hopper!" Will.

     "Hey can you get you mom on the phone please? It's an emergency."

     "Well. She's not here right now. She went to the store just a few minutes ago and won't be back for a while."

     "Okay. Stay there don't do anything, I'll be there in a few minutes."

     "Okay bye."

     I got into my car and drove as fast as I could. I didn't get there fast enough.

     The door was wide open.

     When I got inside, I went to the bedrooms. When I got to the girls room, I saw everyone except El and Mike.

     "Are you guys okay?"

     "They took Mike and El." Will said with tears in his eyes.

     "What are we gonna do?" Nancy said also crying. "My brother and El are in danger."

     "I'm not sure yet. Let's wait for Joyce."

El's PoV:

     The last thing I remember is the door slamming open and everyone is screaming.

     When I woke up I was strapped to a table, and as I look over I see Mike on another asleep.

     "Mike?" My voice barely a whisper.

     "Mike! Wake up!"

     His eyes shoot open.

     "El? Wh-where are we?"

     "I think we're in the lab."

     "Why are we here? Why am I here?"

     "I don't know Mike, maybe they're gonna do something to you too."

     "We need to get out of here." He says his eyes tearing up.

     "Oh Mike. Please don't cry."

     "I'm sorry El, I just- I just don't want to lose you." He was crying silently now.

     "Mi-"

     The door slams open and a person in white comes in.

     "Hello Mike, Eleven. I know why you are wondering why your here. Don't worry, I just need your help. His smile scares me.

     "Why do you need my help? I'm not even special!" Mike says to him.

     "Oh but Mike, you are."

Authors note~
Woah, I wonder what kind of power Mike has? Why didn't he take Will instead? I hope you like it! :)