Chapter 3: The message

3rd person:

     Downstairs in the basement of the Wheelers house, El was fast asleep. She was tossing and turning. A nightmare. Her heart was racing and she was sweating. She kept saying, no no! NO!

Mike's PoV:

     I heard something screaming down in the basement. It was El. When I ran down there she was crying and screaming in her sleep.

     "El. El! ELEVEN!"

     "Mike!" She cried and tightly embraced me. I felt her shaking as she cried.

     "Mike, it was the lab, they took you from me and tortured you. I could hear papa's men laughing at you. You were screaming and it made me so angry." She kept sobbing.

     "Hey, hey it's okay it was just a bad dream. It wasn't real, I'm here. Shhh."

     I let her cry into my shoulder for a while before she fell asleep in my arms. I gently laid her back down and went back upstairs to go back to bed. It made me so sad seeing her like that.

El's PoV:

     I woke up the next morning feeling very tired and groggy. I slowly made my way upstairs and saw Nancy sitting on the couch.

     "Nancy?"

     "Oh hey El, how did you sleep?"

     "I didn't sleep well, I had a nightmare."

     "Do you want to talk about it?"

     I nodded my head. "We were here at home and then the door was broken down by people that worked in the lab, they searched the house and when they found Mike, they took him." I stopped to take a breath.

     "After they took him I followed them to the lab and they were torturing him. He was screaming and it made me so angry. He just kept screaming and when I tried to use my powers they wouldn't come, I was helpless." I started to tear up.

     "Oh El, it's okay." Nancy pulled me into a hug.

     "Good morning" Mike said walking towards us on the couch.

     "Hey Mike," I said lamely.

     "I'll make some breakfast," Nancy said and walked to the kitchen.

     "You okay?"

     "I'm just worried, I hope that was just a nightmare."

     "Me too."

     "Breakfast is ready!" Nancy called from the kitchen.

     "Hey I was wondering if you guys wanted to go see a movie or something?" Nancy said.

     "Yeah sure!" Me and Mike said in unison, we all laughed together in that moment.

     "Alright I'll take you to go see. Hmm. Oh yeah! Indiana Jones  temple of doom just came out last week, I've heard it's pretty good!"

     "Okay!" Mike said. And we were off to go see a movie. I have no idea what that is.

Nancy's PoV:

     The only reason I was taking them to see a movie was to get their mind off of her nightmare.

     "What is a m-movie?" El asked as we got into the car.

     "A movie is like a story from a book, except you don't read it. The story is shown on a big screen kind of like the TV we have at home. Mike said to her.

     "Oh that sounds cool."

     When we got there I bought the tickets and got popcorn for El and Mike. We sat down in the back middle because Mike claimed it was best spot.

     After the movie ended, El and Mike were chatting away about the movie. They are so cute.

     "Hey Nance? Can we go get some food, I'm starving." Mike said when we got to the car.

     I rolled my eyes, "no".

     "What?! No Nancy please!"

     "Kidding! I'll take you guys to the diner, it's close to home anyways."

El's PoV:

     When we got to the d-diner, we sat down at the table and a person came by and gave us water. While we were looking at these menus, as Mike called them. I noticed a familiar looking man at another table nearby. Then it hit me, he worked for papa.

     "We need to get out of here." I said through my teeth.

     "Why?" Mike and Nancy said in unison.

     "I'll tell you later, we need to go now!" He heard me.

     "Lets go!"

     We hurried out the door  and in the car.

     "What was that!" Mike said.

     I looked at him with tears in my eyes.

     "Th-that man. He... he worked at the lab. He worked for papa."

Authors note~
I will try to post at least twice a day. It'll depend on my mood haha. I hope you guys like this! :)