Chapter 23: The end

Mike's PoV:

     It been three long months of physical therapy at the lab trying to get my strength up and also catching up on school work I missed while me and El were away. I was also slowly getting back into using my powers. It was very difficult for the first month and a half. My brain was very over used when I killed the mindflayer with El.

     El was also having a hard time getting back into the swing of things. Her powers came back to her a lot quicker than mine because shes been using her powers her entire life but it was still very hard. A lot and I mean a LOT of blood sweat and tears were made these three months. Our noses and ears bled so much that we had to get donated blood.

     But, after all that work payed off, we got the entire summer to relax. El and my friends come over almost every day.

     Tomorrow were going to the beach.

~

El's PoV:

     Today I get to go to the beach with my friends, I got up a little early so I could get ready. I put on a cute two piece, Put my hair up in a new scrunchie, put on some jean shorts, and wrapped a sheer blue cover over my top.

     "Ready to go?" Jim said as I walked into the living room.

     "Yep!" I smiled at him and put on some sunscreen.

     We were going to meet everyone at the beach so we got into the car and drove for two hours to lake Michigan. I turned on the radio and looked out the window.

     A Michael Jackson song came on and me and Jim sang it at the top of our lungs. Michael Jackson was his favorite artist. He had a ton of his music and would play it all the time.

~

     We finally arrived about two hours later and we hopped out of the car.

     I spotted Mike and my friends almost immediately once I got out.

     "El!" Max called and ran over and hugged me.

     "Hey guys!" I said after she let me go.

     After we all said hi and hugged it was lunch time and Mrs. Wheeler had brought us all lunch.

     We ate and talked and laughed for a while.

     "I'm so glad its summer!" Dustin said after he finished his sandwich. And Will nodded his head in agreement.

     "Me too," Lucas said getting up. "Anyone want to get in the water?"

     We all nodded our heads and walked over to the waves.

     I felt a splash on my leg and turned around to see Mike had splashed it on me.

     "Hey!" I cheerfully yelled at him using my mind and soaking him instantly. Everyone laughed and we got into a water fight.

     For the rest of the day we were in the water, having a sand castle building contest, and we explored the rocks over towards the end of the beach.

     At the end of the day as the sun was setting, we all settled down on the sand and watched the beautiful sky.

     My head was leaning on Mike's shoulder and we were holding hands.

     "El," Mike said turning his head to look at me.

     I picked up my head and looked at him. "Yeah Mike?"

     "I'm so happy this is all over." He smiled at me.

     "Me too." 

     He leaned in and we kissed. After a few seconds we were interrupted by someone throwing sand at us.

     "Awe how cute," Max said with a fistful of sand in her hand.

     "Hey!" Mike said getting up and I giggled.

     Everyone got up and we had a sand fight. 

     That moment, everyone was happy and we all knew we were safe, no more demogorgon, upsidown or mindflayer. Me and Mike's numbers didn't mean anything anymore. I can't wait for the future.

Authors note:

This is the end! I hope you all like it, I may write more stories in the future. I also love making new friends so message me! :)