Chapter 12: Family first

Mike's PoV:

     It's been two days since me and El were taken to the lab and I've already learned a lot. I can now shoot electricity out of my hands, but it's still uncontrollable.

     Today I'm working on taking data from computers and transferring it. I'm also learning how to control my electricity, and messing with technology.

     "Try and aim your electricity over to this target." One of the doctors told me.

     I brought the electricity to my palms and tried to aim but it didn't work.

     "Ugh! It's not working!" I said, getting frustrated.

     "Try to keep your hands still and only think about the target." The doctor said.

     I took a deep breathe, I moved my hands towards the target and focused. I brought my electricity to my hands and shot.

     I hit the target.

     I could hear El clapping from her station across the room. I smiled at her. She smiled back.

     "Nice job Twelve. Let's move on to a smaller target now."

El's PoV:

     Mike was doing very well learning how to use his powers. He was learning very fast.

     "Okay El, I want you to find the box with the ball in it." I groaned.

     "I can already do all of this, I can use my powers just fine. Can I do something harder?"

     "Okay, I'll go ask Dr. Wolfe." He walked away and I turned over to Mike, he seemed to be having fun.

     "Okay kids, it's time to be done for the night, go back to your rooms and go to bed." Dr. Wolfe said to us walking through the door.

     Me and Mike walked back to our rooms and we sat at the little table in my room.

     "So how is training?" I asked him.

     "It's going great! I finally learned how to control my electricity, and I can mess with the computers too!"

     "That sounds cool!" His powers are so interesting to me.

     "How was your training?"

      "Ugh! It was so boring Mike! They just had me levitate some things, my nose didn't even bleed!" I said grabbing his hand.

     "Do you think they are really going to let us go after we kill the mindflayer?" Mike asked lowering his voice.

     "I don't know, papa isn't here, it's Dr. Wolfe now, and I don't know him that well."

     "Well goodnight El. I'll see you in the morning." Mike said getting up and going to his room.

     "Mike wait."

     "Yes?" He said turning around.

     I kissed him. "Goodnight Mike."

3rd person:

The next morning while El and Mike were training, Hopper and everyone else were heading towards the lab.

Today they were going to go into the Upsidown. This was going to be a crazy day.

Hopper's PoV:

We all piled into my car and we all went to the lab. And backup wasn't too far behind. In my car I had the boys and Jonathan. And in Mrs. Wheelers car, she had Nancy and Steve.

We got there in ten minutes and barged through the doors.

"We need to see the man in charge right now!" I said to the person at the front desk.

She looked at me and called on her phone.

"Dr. Wolfe, you have visitors."

We waited for five minutes before a man came down the hall in all white.

"Ah, you must be here to see Eleven and Twelve."

Twelve?

"Who is Twelve?"

"Oh you'll see."

He took us down the hall and down a new wing that must have been built recently.

Then he stopped in front of a room and opened it.

"You may go in."

We went into a room and it had a huge window so you could see into another.

I gasped.

It was Mike and El.

"Oh my God." Nancy said when she looked through the window.

"Ah yes, Mike. He is Twelve."

"What?!" I said looking at Dr. Wolfe.

"Mike has been like this since he was born, we just didn't take him to the lab because we wanted to see what a gifted child would be like in the real world."

"Mike has powers?" Nancy said terrified.

"Yes, Mike has powers. We have been training both of them for a couple of days now and Mike has already learned so much. Tonight, they will go to the upside down to Kill the mindflayer."

I was speechless.

"Are they going to come home?"

"Yes, after that monster dies. They will go home like nothing ever happened."

"Can we stay here until they come back from the upsidown?" Nancy said sounding scared.

"Of course, all of you can stay until they come back from killing the beast."

Dr. Wolfe went into the other room and got El and Mike.

"Mike! El!" Everyone screamed when they came through the door.

They looked shocked.

"We need to get you suited up. Your leaving to the upsidown in 20." Wolfe said after our hug and cry fest.

Authors note~
I have nothing to say. Hope you liked it though :)