Chapter 22: Hope

Third person:

     El and Mike were asleep for over a week. Their families growing more and more worried. 

~

     After a week and two days, El woke up.

     Joyce was sleeping in the room when she jolted awake.

     "Mike..." She said as she opened her eyes.

     "Oh sweetie you're awake." Joyce said getting up and walking over to her.

     El looked around, she had many wires and tubes running in and out of her arms.

     She looked over to her left and saw Mike, still asleep.

     "Mike," she said again looking back at Joyce.

     "I know honey, he'll wake up soon. do you need anything?" She asked the girl and reached for her bag.

     El shook her head and looked back at Mike. "How long have we been here?"

     "A little over a week."

     El started to tear up and looked over at the woman.

     "Oh El..." Joyce said and went to hug the girl.

     "I'm going to call some people, I'll be right back" 

     El nodded her head.

El's PoV:

     After Joyce left I started to cry again. 'Will Mike ever wake up?' I kept thinking over and over again.

     My body felt so heavy and my head ached. The liquid running in the tubes in my arms made me feel cold.

     I heard a noise coming from beside me and I looked over.

     "Mike," he was stirring in his sleep.

     "E-El?" A groggy voice escaped his chapped lips.

     My eyes welled up. Thank goodness he's awake.

     "Where are we?" He asked looking over at me.

     "Were in the lab, we killed it."

     His eyes teared up and he smiled. "We finally get to go home."

     I nodded my head. "Yeah, yeah we do."

Nancy's PoV:

     When my mom got a call from Joyce that El had woken up we immediately got into the car and drove to the lab.

     once we entered the room, everyone else was already in there.

     "Nancy?" A small voice called my name.

     "Mike?"

     I ran over to him and hugged him. I noticed Hopper leave the room with a paper in his hand.

     We all talked and laughed for hours catching up on the passed week. Mike and El looked so much older. They were so young and full of life. It made me sad.

~

Jim's PoV:

     I held the document in my hand as I followed the person from the adoption agency.

     "You want to adopt Jane Ives?"

     "Yes," I replied as we sat down on a bench outside the lab.

     "And you've read through the documents?"

     "Yes."

     He reached over and picked up his bag and grabbed a pen and another document.

     "I'll have you sign here, after you sign it you will become her new guardian. I'll have you come to my office next week.

     I saw the line where I am supposed to sign my name, I thought of my little girl and started to tear up. El wasn't her. But she will be.

     I signed my name slowly and handed him the paper.

     "Here's my information, I will get back to you sometime next week."

     I stood up and walked inside with a huge smile on my face, I will make sure she gets the family she deserves.

Third person:

     Mike and El stayed at the lab for a few more days and on the last day they were there, Jim broke the news on him adopting El and everyone cried happy tears. 

     El and Jim went back to their cabin and Mike went home with his family.

     It took about three months for them to fully heal and get back into shape. And by the time the three months were up, It was summer time.

Authors note:

I will write a few more chapters of them in the summer and I will bring this story to a close. Also sorry its a little short again.