Chapter 14: Plans

Mike's PoV:

We left Mirkwood to go home and get some rest. We spent all day looking for the mindflayer. It didn't seem to care that we were there.

The next morning, me and El ate breakfast and sat down at the little coffee table in the basement.

"So today we will just go back at the same time as we did yesterday to see if it's still there. Tomorrow we will kill it."

"How are we gonna kill it? Are we going to set a trap, or just attack it?" El said setting down her water bottle.

"Well I was thinking we just use our powers. Do you have a better idea?"

"Do we have matches?"

"Yes. We also have lighter fluid. Maybe we can throw the fluid onto the mindflayer and then set it on fire?"

"Yeah let's do that."

"And if anything goes wrong, we run."

She nodded her head.

"Mike?"

"Yeah?"

"I hope this works. I want to go home."

"Me too El."

Later that day, me and El went to Mirkwood. And sure enough, there it was. It's gigantic legs cutting through the trees making the same low growl.

"There it is. Let's go." I told El as I grabbed her hand.

When we got back to the basement we got our supplies ready for tomorrow.

El's PoV:

The next morning, me and Mike got everything ready and waited. We waited for hours before we left the house.

As we walked through the forest, I clutched Mike's hand tightly, I didn't want to be away from him.

As we kept walking I heard it. It was close.

I grabbed Mike's arm.

"I'm scared Mike."

"Me too. Look there it is!" He said pointing in front of us.

"Okay El, do you have the matches?"

I nodded my head.

Mike grabbed the fluid and we walked toward it.

Mike broke out into a run and ran to the beast. He started yelling and he threw the fluid onto it.

Mike's PoV:

I ran to it and threw the fluid on it. It noticed me and let out a roar.

     I wasn't going to let it kill me or El.

     "El! The matches!" I yelled and she tossed them to me.

     I lit one and threw it towards it. I missed.

     I kept missing it and then I realized I was at the last one.

     I lit it and ran. I ran straight towards the beast and threw it at him. I was screaming and I could hear El's faint screams behind me. Everything was a blur.

     When the match hit him, it lit up instantly. You could hear his screams break through the upsidown barrier it was so loud. We were all screaming. But that wouldn't kill him.

     "EL NOW!" I screamed looking at her.

     She used her powers to pull up the trees to throw at it. I used my electricity.

     We were all screaming, blood gushing from our noses. Then he used his gigantic arms and hit El. She flung through the forest and hit a tree. I screamed. My energy was getting lower by the second.

     But seeing her on the ground unconscious made me angry. So angry it felt like I had gained so much power. I screamed as I took all of the power I had left in me and shot it straight at the beast.

     Then, everything went black.

El's PoV:

     I woke up in the forest. Fire had burned most of the trees and ash was floating in the air.

     "Mike?" I croaked.

     I saw him. He was laying on the ground. He was laying in the middle of a gigantic black patch.

     "Mike! Mike wake up!" I screamed tears streaming down my face.

     He had dried blood around his nose and ears. His skin had a bluish tint to it.

     I dragged him, out of Mirkwood and to the gate. I was crying the whole way. I hoped he wasn't dead. If he was I don't know what I'd do.

     As I dragged us through the gate, I was getting slower. I felt tired.

     The last thing I remember is the whole world turning and going black when we passed the gate.

Third person:

     El pulled them through the gate and collapsed. Doctors rushed over and took them away.

     They were both taken to the hospital wing part of the lab and their family and friends were notified that they came back.

     "Where's mike and El?!" Nancy said when Dr. Wolfe came in.

     "They just came through the gate. They both seem to have fallen unconscious. You may go see them now."

     Everyone rushed to the room.

     "Oh my." Joyce said looking at the pair.

     They were in separate beds in hospital gowns. They had burns, cuts, and Mikes hands had a blue tint to them.

     "I don't know when they will wake up. They seem to have over used their powers." Dr. Wolfe said to them.

     "Do you think they killed it?" Will said.

     "That's a question to ask them." Wolfe said pointing to Mike and El.

Authors note~
Slightly longer chapter. Hope you like it!