Chapter 7

Finally Happening

Cody and I were walking towards Maria and Gemma's lockers about a week after the whole thing in Maria's bathroom. Cody was worried when he didn't see Maria come out of the block where her locker was situated. He had kind of come around to the idea of me being with Maria when I explained to him that I wasn't going after he just because of who her brother was.

"What the fuck?" Cody swore before taking off towards where a group of girls had surrounded Maria and Gemma, just by watching Maria over the past few years I knew that she wasn't going to be okay with so much attention on her.

"I'm head cheerleader." A voice that I recognised as Ocean Newman growled. Fuck, I knew that with Maria and I getting so close lately that she might retaliate, it was Ocean's style to attack when the person that she was annoyed at was alone or practically alone, I made a mental note to make sure that someone was around Maria and her friends, to make sure that nothing like this happened again.

"And I'm a soccer play with some temper issues." Gemma taunted back, I grinned imagaing Ocean's face. "What's your point bitch?"

Thankfully Cody got through the crowd that was quickly forming, dragging me with him into the middle of whatever Ocean had planed. Cody put himself between the two of them, careful not to touch Ocean but he had practically pushed Gemma into the lockers. That's when I saw a scared Maria, hugging her laptop like it was a force field device that would protect her from the stares. She spotted me around the same time and I thought I saw a slight flash of relief when we caught eyes.

Unfortunately, Ocean saw me at the same time.

"Danny," she whined. "your little friend is being mean to me!" she pouted, it wasn't a good look on her, but what the fuck was I supposed to do about it. I just shook my head and walked over to Maria.

"Are you alright Heaven?" I had her face in my hands as I checked her out, her eyes were calmer then before but a blush was creeping up her face and warming up my palms.

Gemma and Cody, meanwhile were having their own conversation.

"Don't do it Gem." Cody warned. "Whatever it is, Ocean doesn't need to be slapped for it, you're better then that."

"Ocean was bullying Maria, Cody! She fucking deserves everything I give her!" Cody close his eyes, breathing in through his teeth, for a moment and when he opened them, he glared at Gem. They seemed to be having their own private conversation, what the fuck was I missing here?

"What happened?" Cody asked.

"She pushed your sister to the ground, shoving her bag on way and her laptop to the other and kicked her in the stomach." Cody's eyes closed again and he takes a step back from Gemma. What the fuck was happening? I have never seen Cody condone violence between girls before, I stared at Maria, Gem and Ocean, all the while slinging my arm around Maria's shoulder. Making sure that she knew she was safe.

"I've got a story for you, Ocean." Gem said, arms crossed over her chest, a smirk was in her voice.

"Oh it is story time? Do you need us to sit in a circle around you?" Ocean smiled but her come back was pretty weak, I couldn't help but chuckle at the ridiculousness of it.

"No need," Gem sneered. "I mean you can if you want to but I have a feeling you would know this story before I tell it... Hey Cody!" Gem called back, angling her head in our general direction but keeping her eyes on Ocean. "Remember that party we went to last year?"

"Which one?" Cody called back, chuckling. He knew which party she was referring to for sure. "there have been a few."

"The one when Ocean and Troy fucked."