Chapter 3

Year 10 - Seriously It's Taken This Long!

Another year, another stupid party I was expected to attend. Tammie Johnson's party was one of the first of the year, and all the guys were here, Cody came with Maria, Gemma and Bailey. I was shocked to see Maria at first. She was dressed in this innocent looking dress with pink flowers on it, it was pretty short but it suited her, her hair was hanging down her back in waves and the heels she had brought the entire innocent look together.

Neil came stumbling into the room, he had too much to drink again. "Really Grayson?"

"Get with it Hannover, its free fucking booze!"

"Yeah alright Neil, why don't you go and lie down."

"Nuh dude! I can keep going!" Neil then, faster than I thought he could go in his situation, ran off towards some girl with blonde hair. She looked a lot like Maria actually, but she was different, just by the way she was dressed I could tell that she was nothing like Maria.

"Why are you staring at Tia?" Cody asked from behind me.

"Who?"

"My cousin, Tia." Cody pointed at the girl that he was was talking about, the girl that looked like Maria.

"Shit! I had no idea who she was."

"Yeah, that's Tia, her mum and my mum are twins so it was only natural that Maria and Tia looked so alike, but their personalities are completely different."

Nodding I agreed with him. "Come on, lets get a drink." I said before walking over to the keg. It been a year to the day, sine Maria and I kissed, and she's still going out with that asshole, and I will admit that I haven't exactly been a saint either, I wont lie to myself and say that there haven't been different girls in my bed.

It was a little later in the night when Ryan had the brilliant idea of shouting out that we were playing three minutes in Heaven, it was basically a kissing game, where an empty bottle is lying in the middle of a circle, someone spins the bottle and the person it picks has to choice someone to take into the cupboard with them. It was lame, but I somehow found myself sitting with my friends. Zeke was chosen first, I really hate that guy, he was such a prick to Maria but I knew why she stayed with him, he didn't have a reputation like I did, I don't even know how I got the rep I did, I bet it was Neil, he was always such a-

My thoughts were broken by the crowd around me 'ohh'ing what just happened, without thinking about it I looked over to Maria and saw her head was down and by the looks of it she was trying to hold back the tears. What the fuck did that prick do? That's when I saw him walking into the stupid cupboard with that slut Tammie. That fucking prick! He was cheating on Maria! I wanted to punch him more than anything else right now. While those two were in the cupboard, someone spun the bottle. It landed on me, I was surprised, I seriously didn't expect to get picked. Looking around I knew who I wanted to take with me but I also knew that if I took her with me her brother was going to beat the absolute crap out of me. I weighted the odds in my head and came to the decision of saying 'fuck it' and walked over to Maria when Zeke and Tammie came out of that damn room. I stood in front of Maria for a couple of seconds before she looked up at me with watery eyes. Reaching my hand out I was surprised for the second time tonight when she took it. "Come on Mare." I said as I helped her to her feet and lead her to the cupboard.

Maria didn't protest, in fact she just walked with me. I glanced at Cody thinking that I was going to see a face that was going to kill me but all I saw was the top of his head, because he was texting.

There wasn't a lot of room in the cupboard but I kind of liked having her so close and having to hold her in my arms. It was hard to see what she looked like in the dark room but I could smell her flowers and vanilla scent and I could feel every curve of her body pressed up against me. "Happy Anniversary, Mare." I whispered.