Chapter 12

Year 11, New Classes, New Worries but the Same Love

Maria was resting her head on my shoulder as we listened to the principal's welcome back speech, Gemma was doing the same on Cody's shoulder, neither girls were much of morning people so the 7:30am starts were not helping.

As soon as the assembly ended people were moving, trying to get out of the stuffy hall as fast as they could, only realising when they get outside that they have to go to classes. Having gotten our timetables yesterday when the year 7s, 11s, and 12s went back, we were left to our own devices to get to classes.

"What do we have first?" Gemma asked Maria knowing that she would have her timetable in the front of her folder.

"English." She said with a grin, it was one of the only classes that we had as a group, I grabbed her hand started leading us through the masses of people.

"Who with?" Cody asked, although he more yelled it to be heard over the many conversations happening.

"I don't know. Who is K-M-O-R?" Maria asked looking at me with wide eyes, she really wanted to do well these last few years of high school and it really depended on the teacher you got.

"New teacher?" I guessed trying to put her mind at ease, this school was great in some departments but in English there have been a few teachers that have dropped the ball.

I continued to lead the four of us to the class room, which was empty. We claimed the four seated table towards the back of the room, and watched as the rest of the people came in groups of 3 and 4s.

Cody and I were talking about his new guitar and whether we wanted to continue with this song that we had been writing when Gemma brought all attention on who was entering the room.

"No. Way." She said as Caleb, Ryan and Tyler sit in the row ahead of us.

"Hey guys."

"Please don't take offence to this." Maria said as she looked between Gem and the other guys. "But how did you get into this class?"

They laughed and demanded the attention of the room. "Oh Maria." Ryan was still laughing but also keeping his eye on the girls on the other side of the isle. "If only we knew."

Conversation struck up at different paces, the girls – mainly Maria – started talking about this drag queen and his make up that she was obsessed with and that he was releasing new lip colours, we guys were talking more about the upcoming movies and what we thought Neil had planned for this weekend.

We were all talking when a young woman, probably fresh out of uni came into the room, her arms full of papers and books.

"New teacher." Maria, Gemma, Cody and I muttered under our breaths. Knowing what this lesion was going to be about I grabbed Maria hand and rubbed my thumb on the top of her soft skin, loving the satiny feel of it.

The two of us were stuck in our own little world when the teacher came by and handed us each a sheet of paper. With a quick look at the words I figured out it was a get to know you work sheet.

Full name: Daniel Joseph Hannover

Gender: Male

Age: 16

Siblings (if any): one older brother and a seven year old brother

Partner (if any): Maria Hart

Work (if any): sometimes help out my dad at his law firm but apart from that no

Favourite food: pizza, burgers or ribs