Chapter 9

He's Lucky He's Still Alive

I grabbed the first clean shirt I could find, a pair of jeans and my black, worn converse sneakers. It was a rare day that the school had a mufti day, and I was so ready to see what Maria was wearing.

"Danny!" mum yelled from down stairs. "are you ready yet?"

"Almost." I said as I ran past her into the kitchen.

"you look very nice today Danny." She commented leaving against the wall next to the fridge.

I looked down and saw the shirt that I was wearing was green in colour and tight around my chest. "Literally just picked the first clean shirt I could find." I shrugged and grabbed bread and such for food.

"Really? Because I've never seen you in that shirt before, it looks good on you."

"Yeah." Was all I said, having no idea what she was talking about, the woman was nuts sometimes.

"Are you not tell me something Daniel Joseph?" mum asked, still leaning.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I asked, finally taking my eyes off my food and looking at the woman.

"Danny, are you looking good for a special someone?" she asked, straight out.

Maria and I agreed not to tell our parents about us just yet, I didn't want to have to deal with the lectures from my dad and whatever the hell mum was doing right now and Maria didn't want to have to deal with her mum, worrying about her.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I said honestly but whenever someone says that they usually mean that they do know what the person is talking about.

"Danny! Have you met someone!" mum shouted, and hugged me. "I'm so happy for you! What's she like? Do I know her? What do the guys think? Does your brother know anything?"

I literally just stared at mum for a second, seriously not knowing how to respond to her at all. She had asked way too many questions at once for me to respond to any of them.

"I'm going to get breakfast on the way." I said, leaving the bread and the spreads out, I grabbed my backpack from the door and ran out the door, keys in hand.

Dad had taught me how to drive the Porsche, and he had explained the looks that I would get but it didn't stop the feeling I got in the pit of my stomach, I hated it when people knew that my family was well off, it wasn't like it was uncommon for wealthy kids to be at this school, a lot of kids here were, but I just didn't want to be associated with the snobs that do attend this school.

Gemma drove the twins in her brand new car, and even before Maria was out of the car, I was running up to her, scaring her in the process. I helped her out of the car and into my arms.

"Hey Heaven."

"Hey Danny." I leaned down to kiss her but before our lips could touch, she was ripped from my arms.

"Holy ShitBalls Mare! What's with the dress?" I didn't even notice what Maria was wearing but as soon as Bailey said something, I took her in, the dress was a black skater girl dress, with colours around her bust and a black skirt. She had on a pair of converse sneakers, and I could see her leather jacket hanging out of her bag. She looked completely beautiful. Bailey and Maria were talking when a guy from our grade that was well off like me called her name, we all looked over at her and I recognised the guy as Kayden Sanderson, he was actually one of the only guys that I would hang out with, really down to earth but his girlfriend Tiffany wasn't, she was one of those girls that loved Kayden to show off his money, I wonder what was going on with him and Bailey. Bailey blew Maria a kiss before running over to Kayden.