Chapter 5

Riley's POV

Me and James walk into the studio together. I go into the bathroom, change into my dance clothes and put on my makeup to cover my beaten face.

Me and James were really early, so we were the only ones there.

"Dance with me." He says. I smile and we start dancing together. He picks me up and spins me around. I start laughing. When he stops, he starts leaning in to kiss me. I push him off and jump out of his arms. He gives me a confused look.

"What's wrong?" He asks.

"Sorry, but I just broke up with Josh and-"

"Josh? Josh beat you Riley! Hear me? The guy beat you!" He yells as me.

"I know, but I don't think I'm ready to get back together with you." He lets out a pathetic laugh.

"Fine. Go crawling back to Josh! But just remember that the next time he punches you, or your out on the street again, I am not going to be your shoulder to cry on!" He glares at me and everyone starts to walk in.

"James..." I say quietly, trying not to cry.

"Save it Riley!" He snaps at me.

I start stretching alone in the corner, as I watch James. He was talking to Eldon and West, and every few minutes he would look at me and give me a dirty look. I didn't care if he knew I was looking at him, because he could see how upset he made me. When rehearsal was over, we head down to Culture Shock. When I get down there, there was only one seat left. By James. I sigh, and sit down. We don't make eye contact.

As everyone talks, I zone out, thinking about my shattered life. Emily had quit dance to focus on school, so it's not like I see her everyday. I had kept my distance from all the girls when I started dating Josh. I probably will have to suck it up now and talk to my parents. And James is now ready to kill me. Can this day get any worse? I look up from my drink. Yes, yes it can.