The Next Little Victim

Jake's POV:

The scent in the air was unlike anything I had ever encountered before, a tantalizing aroma that ignited my insatiable thirst for blood. I couldn't resist the urge to indulge, to drink this person's life essence and share it with my ever-impatient companion, King, whose constant nagging was beginning to grate on my nerves.

"Follow me," I ordered King, whose hunger mirrored my own but whose impatience was even more evident. He had been waiting for far too long, and his frustration was mounting.Together, we leaped nimbly from one building roof to another, finally descending onto the quiet streets of the city, right in front of a small bakery.

King's eyes widened, his anger bubbling to the surface. "You brought me here for bread and croissants? After an hour of waiting, this is what you offer?" he growled, his fangs bared in annoyance.

"Would you just be silent for a moment? I'm searching for that scent! Are you interested in a meal or not?" I retorted, my patience waning.

"Alright, alright! I'll shut up and take a stroll," King conceded with a chuckle before disappearing into the shadows, leaving me to my pursuit.

Peering through the bakery's large glass window, I observed a lanky, tall, and fair-haired man meticulously crafting a fresh loaf of bread. The clock had already struck midnight, and I couldn't fathom why someone would be baking at this hour.

The baker placed the fragrant loaf on the table and began to gather the trash. Seizing the opportunity, we concealed ourselves in the shadows as he carried a garbage bag outside. But as fate would have it, just as he stepped into the dimly lit alley, a group of five menacing men closed in on him, their intentions unclear but undoubtedly nefarious.