International Love

Chris' POV

The anticipation for our trip to France bubbled within me, promising the adventure of a lifetime with Jake. Excitement coursed through my veins as I packed my clothes, a French dictionary, and a guidebook. Finally ready, I headed to Jake's room only to find him sitting at the edge of his bed.

"Hey, what are you doing?" I inquired.

"Can you help me pack? I don't know how to," he chuckled.

"Haha, seriously, Jake. That's cute," I said, smiling as I approached him.

I began packing important items he might need. "That's why I love you," he remarked.

"What?" I asked.

"I said that you're good at everything. That's why I love you. You're good at packing things, even loving a monster like me," he expressed.

"You're not a monster, Jake. You're normal, and I love you. Really. So much." I sat on his lap.

"Thanks for loving me, baby," he paused. "I LOVE YOU, CHRIS." He kissed my neck, sending shivers down my spine. I lay on the bed, and he continued kissing my lips and neck.

"Make me a vampire," I blurted out, the words escaping without a second thought.

He stopped. "Not today, Chris. Not today." He kissed me on the lips and got up.

"What snack do you want? I'll go outside to buy."

"Can I come?" I asked.

"Just stay here. You're safer here."

"Okay, Cheetos would be fine with me," I replied, and I followed him to the living room.

"I'll be back in a minute," he said and kissed me.

"Be safe," I whispered as he went out.

After two hours...

It was late, and Jake hadn't returned yet. Doubts crept into my mind. What happened to him? Is he safe? Is he alright? Despite trusting him, a nagging thought suggested he might be hiding something.

KNOCK KNOCK!

My heart raced at the sound of banging on the door.

"CHRIS, I'M HOME!" Jake's voice echoed.

I rushed to the door and hugged him tightly.

"Sorry for being late. I met someone I know and talked to him."

"Sure it's not a mistress?" I teased.

"I promise," he chuckled, hugging me.

"Ready for our flight tomorrow?"

"Super ready!"

The Next Morning

Leaving the apartment, we headed straight to the airport, smoothly navigating the processes without any hassle. France, here we come.

Our time on the plane was incredible—watching movies, talking, cuddling. As night fell, we held each other close, drifting into a peaceful sleep as we soared towards our French adventure.