Hunting Begins

Jake's POV

The revelation about the Council de Bampira hunting me had unsettled me deeply. The fear was etched on my face as I heard King's ominous warning. I turned to Chris, my savior, for support.

"Can he come inside?" I asked Chris, my voice tinged with anxiety.

"Ummm yeah, I think we should have a serious talk," Chris replied, his concern mirroring my own.

We all settled in the living room, and I felt a heaviness in the air as King began speaking. "Dude, this is serious."

"Why should the Council be hunting me?" I questioned, desperation lacing my voice.

"Maybe you've done something wrong. Spit it out. Tell me the truth," King demanded, his tone stern.

"I don't know what you're talking about?" I replied, my voice cracking.

"Hmm... What are you telling me? That the Council is finding you for no reason?" King pressed.

"I don't know. I just don't know," I admitted, my uncertainty laid bare.

"Just be careful. I'm going back. Maybe they will trace, and I must leave," King warned before leaving abruptly.

Chris, having overheard our conversation, approached me as I stood frozen in the kitchen. "Are things alright?" he asked.

"I'm just going outside to have fresh air," I evaded, not wanting to burden him with my troubles.Watching television, my mind buzzed with worries. Why was the Council after me? What had I done to attract their attention?

When Jake finally returned, he seemed different. There was an air of vulnerability about him that I hadn't seen before. "What happened to you?" I inquired as he limped into the room.

"It's the werewolves," he said, his words sending a shiver down my spine.

Werewolves? The mere thought of half-man, half-wolf creatures was enough to make my mind reel. "WHAAAAAAATTTTTTTT THE FFFFFFF!!!!???" I blurted out involuntarily, my imagination running wild.

In a panic, I locked the door, finding myself back in my room. Jake's calm voice reached me, "Hey Chris, don't worry. I'm here to protect you."

I retrieved the first aid kit and tended to Jake's wounds. As he spoke about the werewolves, I realized the supernatural world he inhabited was far more complex and dangerous than I could have ever imagined.

"For many years, I've never seen a werewolf eager to kill me like that," he shared, his vulnerability breaking down the barriers between us.

"Just be careful; I don't wanna lose you," I blurted out, surprised by the depth of my own emotions.

His response was unexpected. He hugged me, offering comfort and warmth. "I am more afraid that I'm gonna lose you," he confessed, resting his head on my shoulder.

"I thought there is no touching," I teased weakly.

"Break the rules. I just want to hug you and tell you that..." he trailed off, leaving the words hanging in the air.

"What do you want to tell me?" I asked, genuinely curious.

He turned me around to face him, looking deep into my eyes. "I want to tell you that I really love you."

I was rendered speechless, unable to comprehend the depth of my feelings. He continued, "Tell me what you feel."

Unable to hold back any longer, I admitted, "Yes, I love you too, and I don't wanna lose you."In that moment, our connection deepened, and he kissed me passionately. It was a kiss filled with emotion and longing, one that I couldn't resist returning.

Unbeknownst to us, we drifted into a peaceful sleep on the same bed, lost in the warmth of newfound love.