Chapter Fourteen

I walked around the base showing them the basic layout. We started in the hangar, then moved into the kitchen then down the hall where there was three doors I showed them the bathroom and the guest room where they had woken up explaining that this is where they would be staying. "Why do you have a guest bedroom?" Astrid asked. I responded with "I do have one friend and he occasionally stays here." I then pointed to the third door. "This is my room, I told them in a serious tone, you are to never go in there without being invited. Understood?" They all nodded their heads in understanding. "Good." I said. "Now it's been a long day I'm going to go lie down, feel free to do as you please just don't go in my room and don't touch the dragons." I put extra emphasis on that last command. I then continued by saying "If you do decide to go exploring be very careful this island has more dragons on it than you could possibly imagine." I then turned to look at Astrid "And if you try to kill me make sure you finish the job." I said in a not so serious tone. However my voice hardened as I finished the statement "because if you don't you're stay here will become very unpleasant." With that I strode into my room with Toothless tight on my heels.

The group of friends stood outside Stryker's bedroom door dumbfounded after his last statement. Astrid hated Stryker. She hated the way he held himself up so high, she hated the way he had easily defeated her in a fight without even trying, and most of all she hated the way he made her feel. In all of her Eighteen years of being alive Astrid had never felt this way about anyone. Whenever he looked in her direction she had a strange feeling in the pit of her stomach. For that she hated him. "Ehem." Astrid heard bringing her back to earth. "Hello, Astrid." Ruffnut said looking strangely at her friend. "I'm sorry Ruffnut, what did you say?" Astrid asks blushing at her lack of focus. Ruffnut let out a sigh "I asked if you wanted to go exploring with Fishlegs or go back to bed like the rest of us." "I think I'll go on a walk, Astrid answered, would you like to come Fishlegs?" Fishlegs face lit up "Would I ever!" He exclaimed. "I bet there are tons of species of dragons on this island that we've never even heard of." Astrid let out a sigh "Let's go then." And with that she and Fishlegs walked off while the others went back to bed.