Chapter Seventeen

A/N: This chapter will be told from both Hiccup's and Astrid's point of views.

Hiccup's Point of View:
"Hold on." I told her as Toothless spread his wings and took off into the air. We rose quickly and I felt her arms wrap tightly around me as she whispered "Oh Thor, Oh Thor, Oh Thor." I nudged Toothless and we leveled off half in the clouds. After a moment I felt her lift her head and look around. The view all around us was beautiful. The sun was setting to our right and the ocean sparkled under it while to our left you could see the rolling hills and the dense forests of my island. I felt her loosen her grip on me and saw her, out of the corner of my eye, reach out and touch the clouds with her hand. Toothless then rose up and did a very slow backflip-type move causing both of us to lose any sense of direction. We then glided above the clouds while the setting sun turned everything pink. We stayed up their for a while until the sun set and the scene changed. You could then see every star in the night sky. From behind me I heard a soft "woah..." I then felt something unexpected as she wrapped her arms around me tightly and snuggled up to my back. We flew for a few more minutes before Toothless landed in a clearing. I patted Toothless on the head and then helped her off. We just stood there for a moment close enough to touch. It was then that I had made my decision. The one I had been debating in my head since I first rescued the vikings. "Astrid." I said barely audible. "Can I trust you?" I asked. Hearing this she picked up her head and looked straight at where my eyes would be if I wasn't wearing a helmet. "Yes." She responded softly. At this I nodded and looked toward her feet. Then I reached up and took off my helmet. I slowly picked my head back up and stared her in the eyes. In that moment forest green clashed with ocean blue as we stood their looking into each other's eyes. Her brow furrowed and I could tell she was thinking hard on where she recognized me from. I decided to help her out and said "So we never did end up sharing the book of dragons." At first she looked even more confused but then I saw the realization dawn in her eyes and she let out a small gasp "Hiccup?"

Astrid's Point of View:
The flight on Toothless has been magical. However it didn't help my current situation. I had already figured out that I was attracted to Stryker and if I came to love his dragons I would never be able to tell Stoick about this place. I was thinking this when we landed not expecting what was to come. He helped me off of the dragon and we stood there less than a foot away from each other. He then broke the silence "Astrid." "Can I trust you?" At this I looked him straight in the mask and said "Yes." He nodded and looked down. He then slowly lifted his hands and took off his helmet, raising his head to look right at me. He was gorgeous. He had long auburn hair and forest green eyes that seemed to bore right into your soul. I became frustrated however because of how familiar he looked. "So we never did end up sharing the book of dragons." What he said confused me and then I remembered. Only one person had ever offered to share anything with me. That person had been the chief's son Hiccup. Who had been killed by a Night Fury. Though his body was never found. He would be eighteen now. About the same age as Stryker. I stood there dumbfounded "Hiccup?" I asked softly. At this he let out a sigh and then a smirk grew on his lips. "Hello Astrid, it's so nice to see you again."