Chapter 9: Salem

After about a day of flying to Salem they finally land on Salem. From orbit it looked like Salem was a water planet with desert islands. "What is the temperature?" Tristan said. "It says it's 95°." Ruby said. "What's it's average temperature?" Tristan said. "98°." Ruby said. "We need suits. Good thing I'm always prepared." Tristan said as he opened up a door leading to an armory filled with weapons and special suits. They all put on the cooling suit and grab a weapon. "Why do we need weapons?" Zack asked Tristan. "This planet may be home to hostile lifeforms." Tristan said. They got off the ship and start walking through the desert. "So how many islands are on this planet?" James said. "When I scanned this planet it said approximately 1,500 islands. No giant landforms." Tristan said. They kept walking through the desert. They  keep finding nothing except purple cacti and more desert. "Ugh...when are we gonna find shelter? I'm getting tired..." Michelle said exhausted. "We have shelter. It's our ship in follow mode." Tristan said. "Then let's rest..." Michelle said. "Fine." Tristan said. The ship lands and the group go inside the ship.

"Oh hey Michelle?" James asked. "Yes James?" Michelle said back. "Winner's choice!" James said as he winked at Michelle. "DANG IT!" Michelle said. "So do you know what I choose?" James said. "What is that?" Michelle said back. "You have to eat the sand with a cactus." James said. "That's just mean..." Michelle said. "Fine. You just get to eat a cactus." James said. "That's better at least." Michelle said. "It can either be cooked with the prickles on it or be eaten raw with no prickles on it." James said. "What are prickles?" Michelle said. "The sharp things on the cactus." James said. "Hey Michelle I heard that raw cactus is good on this planet." Tristan whispered. "I choose raw without prickles." Michelle said. "Ok then. I'll go get one now." James said. James walked out of the ship. "Thanks for helping me there Tristan." Michelle said. "No problem. I've tasted raw cactus from here before and it tasted good. My friend Nicholas dared me to get it when I was on Reston years ago." Tristan said. James came back with the cactus. There was no prickles on it like he said. "Eat up." James said. Michelle took a bite. "HOLY MOTHER OF MELONS! THIS TASTES AMAZING!" Michelle said with tons of amazement and joy. "My plan backfired..." James said disappointed. They all ate some cactus then rested. They woke up the next morning. "Well time to go explore again." Tristan said.