'Be My Girlfriend?'

"What did Jamie say when you left him?" Amir asks, sitting down on his bed.

"He was like so confused because Dec said only one of us will be going back to camp, meaning Jamie. Oh, the look on his face was priceless!"

At that, the phone rings once again. Amir runs over, placing the phone to his ear. Once he's received the message, he turns around to the both of us. "Gets your boots on girls. Looks like the three of us are doing another trial."

————————

Holly P.O.V

"What on earth is this?" I ask, completely dumbstruck. Walking up to the clearing with Becky by my side and Amir behind, there lay a robust door with a metal lock. "So we go through here?"

Becky walks in front, twisting the metal frame and pushing the door in. Inside, is a caved out tunnel. It's dusty, beige and dry; a huge sedimentary cave leading down to a few meters. On the right are three doors, each with one of our names on.

Becky opens up her door first, the middle one, looking into the cage and taking the goggles from the side. "So we're going in these cages then?"

"Yep," Amir confirms as we open up our own cages either side of Becky. "What can you see?"

Looking at my own box, slipping my steamed up goggles over my eyes that blurs the view almost completely, the door is shut and locked behind me by some ranger that comes out of nowhere. "It's way too cold," I groan cautiously, looking around this little cage. "I've got a padlock."

"I've got the key!" Amir calls. "It's on a string."

"Well pull it through," Becky suggests.

"Becky, it's in the box on your right."

"Ok," Becky answers back and at this point, I have no clue what's going on. Zoning out until she's retrieved the key, and a pile of beastly cockroaches is loaded into my cage, Becky says she's given me the key.

"Holly put your hand in the top box and the key is threaded on a string. You need to move the key along the string and take it out."

Slowly putting my hand into the box, I grab the silver key, lacing it over and around the rope while my hand brushes up against furry, static skin.

"Pesky rats!" I scream as one claw for my hands and I yank it from the box. Even slower this time, I grab the key and slide it out of the box into my hand, and into the box below for Becky to grab.

It doesn't take long at all to get the key onto the final row of boxes - well, until Amir finally faces his fear of small snakes.

"Come on Amir, speed this up!" Becky chants, pounding her feet on the floor as I wipe away the bugs crawling into every crevice inside my clothes.

"It's through," he replies. It doesn't take Becky a split second to pass the key into our final box, and I shove my hand into the box of water, finding a key within the eels, untangling it from the rope and pulling outwards.

"I have the key!" I call, sliding it down the rope and unlocking the padlock by my feet, on cue to loads of mealworms piling on me.