Watching Carl Die

- SPOILERS FOR S8:E8 -

~ Your POV ~

You squeal excitedly as you tune into The Walking Dead. It hasnt quite started yet, so at the moment there are adverts/commercials playing, but regardless of that, you're very excited.
Chandler sits beside you on the couch, an arm wrapped around your shoulders, and he's laughing quietly at your squeals, but his laugh sounds almost nervous?
You sigh at him "Why wont you tell me anything about the mid-season finale?"
You've asked him this question before, because usually he gives you a slight hint at whether it's going to be an overly positive episode or not, so that you can prepare the recovery ice cream and box of tissues to cry into if it isnt, but for the mid-season finale of season 8, he's refused to tell you a goddamn thing.
Chandler shakes his head "I told you baby, you'll have to wait and see."
You stick your bottom lip out and pout him, crossing your arms over your chest as you start to sulk, but then The Walking Dead starts and you're back to squealing and losing your shit.
"Well, you dont need to tell me anything for me to know you're gonna be in this episode a lot, because The Walking Dead have been tweeting A LOT of pictures of you from this episode!" You tell him in a matter-of-fact way.
Usually, The Walking Dead posting a lot of pictures of one character is not a good sign, because it usually means there are going to be flash backs of that character, before their inevitable death. But you arent worried, because they cant kill off Carl Grimes!

At the start of the episode, Carl is writing a letter to his dad. Instantly, you frown "Why's he writing a letter? He could just talk to Rick, the guy may be a bit out of his mind at the moment, but he'll be chill. Carl's taking unnecessary measures to get whatever he wants to say across to Rick. Silly boy." You click your tongue as you commentate, and Chandler laughs again beside you.

As the episode continues to play, you begin picking up on a lot of things, mainly relating to Carl.
"Chandler...how come Carl keeps clutching his side like that?"
Chandler shrugs "Maybe he's got cramp?"
You nod "Same."
Considering Carl Grimes is played by your boyfriend, and you know his mannerisms very well, you're noticing every little thing that seems different about Carl in this episode, and it's starting to concern you.

You place a hand on your chest and lean back as Carl orders Michonne to take everyone to the sewers to hide.
"My boy taking hold of his dad's Ricktatorship!" You pat Chandler's knee "Very powerfully delivered lines there my sweet boy, I am so proud."
He kisses your cheek "Thank you beautiful."
You giggle briefly, before turning your full focus back to the show, and your eyes widen "What to heck is Carl going!?! Why isnt he going with the group to the sewers to-OHMYGOD NO. NO NO. CARL. WHAT." You place your hands on either side of your head and lean forward on the couch "YOUNG MAN YOU GET BACK DOWN THAT DRAIN THIS INSTANT. DONT YOU DARE CLIMB THAT LADDE-What did I literally just say to yo-OHMYGOD HE'S GOING TO TRY TO R E A S O N WITH NEGAN!?! NAH. NAH IM OUT." You fall back on the couch, into Chandler's arms, and facepalm "Chandler, I love you, but the character you play on this show really needs to stop with these selfless acts fuelled by his lovely and kind gentlemanly morals. He's too heroic and I cant stand it."
Your boyfriend laughs "Same."
You place your hand on your chest again "Babe. Did you seriously bring back the 'I think you should jump out the window to save me the trouble of killing you' deep and raspy voice in this episode and you didnt thINK TO WARN ME!?! Hear that? That's the sound of my ovaries screaming."
Chandler laughs harder "Oh my god, stop!"
You blink rapidly at Negan's worse "This bitch better not have just brought Carl's mother into this because Im boutta whoop his ass with a chair leg if he did."
Chandler nods "He did."
You shake your head dismissively "Next time I see Jeffrey Im gonna have to have words with him about that, because that was just out of order."

You pay close attention to Carl's conversation, and your jaw drops "Excuse me. Did Carl just say he doesnt want to die, but he's going to? He'd better be on about dying of old age because boi you aint about to leave anytime soon!"
Chandler doesnt say anything, and you are immediately concerned, but before you can question his silence, Negan starts shouting at Carl and the action commences. Carl slides down the ladder and when he stands up, he's clutching his side again.
You frown, hoping he is just injured from falling down the ladder, but even then that's a cause for you being concerned about him.
You are taken aback by the sudden lullaby sounding music that accompanies a scene of Carl surrounded by houses in flames "This music is oddly calming for a scene so violent and therefore I am concerned."
Chandler squeezes your body gently in reassurance, and you are put back at ease.

The whole episode is sprinkled with flash backs between a conversation had with Carl and Rick about not killing all of The Saviours, and you are very proud of Carl's character development to this humanitarian, compared with the kid last season who went on a suicide mission to try and kill Negan by himself. As the episode draws to a close, Rick and Michonne are walking through the sewer tunnels.
You release a massive sigh of relief "Oh thank christ, all of my babies are ok!"
You notice there are dramatic zoom-ins on every character, except Carl, and you cant yet see him in the tunnel, which makes you feel sick to your stomach. Rick approaches the man Carl helped into Alexandria whose name you've already forgotten, and Rick gives him a quizzical stare.
Carl speaks up "I brought him here." Before the camera even shows Carl, you have tears in your eyes, because his voice sounds so broken and weak, which is the way Chandler sounds when he's really sick, and that worries you. The camera lands on Carl, to see him sat against the tunnel wall, his shirt sticking to him with sweat, all colour drained from his face, and his expression one of utter exhaustion. Your hands cover your mouth as your tears blur your vision, you dont even know what's wrong with him, all you can focus on is how sick Chandler looks and it breaks your heart.
Carl lifts his shirt up, to reveal a bandage on his side, and your heart stops beating. He peels back the bandage, to reveal a bite, and you scream into your hands in anguish as your body lurches forward, throwing you onto the floor on your knees. The music is incredible, and it makes this whole situation even sadder. You choke on your cries as you stare up at the screen, and in a second, Chandler is on the floor beside you, wrapping his arms around you and pulling you close to his chest. As the episode ends, you curl into him, sobbing hysterically.
"Y-YOU LOOKED SO ILL!" You cry into his shirt.
Chandler rubs your back "Arent you sad about Carl?"
You sniffle "Of course, BUT YOU LOOKED SO ILL!"
Your boyfriend laughs slightly and kisses your head "Why am I not surprised that you're sobbing like this over the idea of me looking that close to death?"
You clutch onto his shirt "B-BECAUSE YOU KNOW ME."
He nods "I do."
You start to cry into his neck "HOW COULD SCOTT DO THIS TO YOU, YOU LOVE THE SHOW SO MUCH AND YOU'RE SUCH A MASSIVE PART OF IT AND YOU'RE A FAN FAVOURITE AND SO MANY PEOPLE LOVE YOU AND YOUR TWITTER BIO IS LINKED TO YOU BEING ON THE WALKING DEAD AND ALL THE PHENOMENAL JOKES AND REACTIONS TO THE EPISODES THAT YOU TWEET AND ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS ON SET AND OH MY GOD THIS IS WORSE THAN GLENN WHAT THE FUCK!"
Chandler shushes you "It's ok baby, dont worry, it's all sorted out, I'll be fine."
You pull away from him slightly so he can see your pout "Im not happy about this, or the fact that you decided to keep this information from me."
He smiles at you "I didnt think you would be, but to make up for it, how about we Netflix and chill?"
You roll your eyes at him "You're stuck in 2014 I swear."
Chandler sighs "Back then I was still a part of The Walking Dead."
Your eyes fill with tears as your jaw drops in shock.
Chandler's eyes widen, and he realises he fucked up "Oh shit baby, Im so sorry, too soon?"
Tears slip down your cheeks "YES!"
He starts peppering your face in little loving kisses, until you're a giggling mess that is no longer crying.
Then, he smiles triumphantly "So, Netflix and chill?"
You groan in frustration "Fine, but afterwards...you have to let me plait your hair."
Chandler grins "Done!"
You high-five him "Hell yeah!"
Without any further hesitation, Chandler lifts you up into his arms, you wrap your legs around his waist, and he carries you out of the room, heading for the stairs. On the way through the house, you pick up a packet of hairbands, so that as soon as you two are done with your sexy times, you are ready to plait that flawless wavy mane of his. Tonight is definitely going to be way better than Carl's night was.

Ouch.