T H I R T Y - S E C O N D

•Valeria's POV•

I convinced my mom to let me stay home the rest of the week to "welcome the family" I actually just wanted to not talk to jack and it's working a bit more ignoring and he will give up. Today is Saturday the day of the party, I made sure my room was off limits only Jose, Chris and I can be in it. I put on outfits once I took a shower and sat down.

"Jose can you straighten my hair while I do my makeup", I ask.

"Oh yes sister you know I love doing your hair", he says and I laugh.

I start doing my makeup and I see through the mirror that Chris is doing her makeup too.

"You know jack has been all depressed at school", Chris says.

"So", I say.

"Don't so me you know you still car", she says.

"Well you know he's gonna get over it", I say.

"Hopefully he does it's really depressing seeing him like that", Jose says.

After we all finished we go downstairs and see Axel at the bottom.

"Oh damn little Valeria isn't that little anymore", he says.

"It's the heels they will kill me", I say and he laughs.

"Where is Luis?", I ask.

"Left early was gonna pick up someone", he says.

"Probably Jackie", I say.

"Well we are leaving because w girl gotta eat", I say and he laughs.

I grab my black clutch and fallow Jose and Chris out.

"Axel is fucking hot", Jose says.

"I know he is", I say.

"To bad he is straight", he says and I laugh.

We get to the venue and a butch of my family. They all already know Jose and Chris so I don't need to introduce them.

"Over here sweetie", my mom waves for us to sit next to her.

"Hey mom", I say.

"I know everything and I'm mad but I'm sorry", she says.

"What are you talking about?", I say.

"I know you broke up with Jack I'm mad with you for not telling me and being childish but I'm sorry for not being there for your first breakup", she says.

"It's ok", i say.

"Oh and you look hot today", she says.

"Thanks I picked it out", Chris says.

"Great job Christal", my mom says.

"Doesn't her little butt look so cute", Chris says and we all laugh.

When we started eating I see Luis at the door with Jack and Jackie.

"Mom Luis brought Jack", I say.

"Jack is his friend, don't be rude", she says and I groan.

"Hey mom, hey dad", Luis sits in front of us.

"Hey sister", he says and I roll my eyes.

After everyone got here the quinceñera and her court danced the waltz it was time to dance. They were playing my favorite Pegaditas.

"If I waited in a car for so long to get here it was to dance with best dancer here", Axel stretches his arm and I grab it and he pulls me to the dance floor.

•Jack's POV•

I was at the pet and nudge Luis's shoulder a bit.

"What's up", he asks.

"Who is he", I point at the guy that Valeria is dancing with.

"Oh that's Axel a family friend", he says.

"They are dancing a bit to close", I say feeling jealous.

"Don't worry that's just how you dance these types of dances, and Axel this of Valeria like a sister", he says.

•Valeria's POV•

I will admit I was dancing a bit extra to get Jacks attention, I don't think it worked. I know I'm confusing first I want to ignore his and now I want to get his attention, I'll admit something is totally wrong with me.

"Axel", I hear and see Luis motioning him over.

"Gotta go", Axel says.

"I got you don't worry", Chris comes up to me and starts dancing with me and I laugh the whole time.

"Valeria we need to have a chat now", Axel grabs my arm and pulls me into the janitors closet.

"What happened", I say.

"I know you are using me to get your boyfriend jealous", he says.

"Correction ex and I'm not using you, you know I love you", I say.

"Ok but you know you were using me to get his attention or whatever, Valeria you know I love you little the sister I never had and your brother is like the brother I never had. But you are being childish as hell", he says.

"Am not", I say.

"There you go again", he says.

"You are almost 18 Valeria, stop being a little brat. I love you and I hate to tell you but you are wrong that boy out there loves you. If you think he "hurt" you, you are so wrong. By you breaking up with him making him feel like he did something wrong is hurting him", he says.

"But it wasn't gonna last", I say.

"Who are you to decide that, you like him right?", he asks.

"A bit more", I say.

"You love him?", he asks.

"I think so", I say.

"Valeria you are so stupid you love him and you are hurting him that is not ok, not only that but you are hurting yourself you think I didn't notice those swollen eyes you had and you don't think your cousins that slept in your room told me how you would sniffle a lot at night", he says.

"Get your head out of your ass and go make up with that guy that loves you because you can tell he's been crying to but he won't show you that", Axel says.

"You know I'm kinda tired of hearing it over and over agin, I did what I did it's done with", I say and get out and walk outside.

It was dark already, it was almost nine so I decide to call a Lyft and go home. I got home and no one was here obviously, I go up to my room and wipe off my makeup with a makeup removing wipe and just lay in my bed don't change and cry, I cry until I fall asleep once again.