Chapter 13 - A Very Merry Christmas

That Saturday was their networks Christmas special. Both Alex and Sue arrived early because they were part of the opening. Sue was radiant in her gypsy, she was the image of perfection. Stunning and sexy, gorgeous and radiant. Alex, of course, was just the same in his open vest costume. It showed off his well built physique and his six-pack abs. When they were done, both had to change for their special number.

“Alex, eto na ung pinapabili mo,” Kat said to her talent. “Para san ba yan? Para kay Sue noh?”

“Opo ate Kat. Surprise ko pag nagduet kami,” Alex told his handler while fixing his surprise for Sue.

“Eh paano mo naman itatago yan aber?”

“Lalabas na lang ako pag kami na ung kakanta sa stage. Para di nya makita.”

“Aaaah, sige tutulungan kita pero ngayon lang ha? Ako mapapagalitan eh.”

“Salamat ate Kat. Kaw talaga ang best manager.”

“Asus nambola pa,” Kat said smiling. She knows just how much Alex likes Sue. Even though he doesn’t want to admit it to her, she knows her talent too well.

“Ma’am, si Alex po pinapatawag na sa stage,” one of the crew said peeking through the dressing room door.

“Okay, thank you. Sunod na kami,” Kat told the crew. “Ay teka lang, andon na ba si Sue?”

“Papunta na din po.”

“Okay thank you,” Kat dismissed the crew and then turned to Alex. “Mauuna na ko doon. Paparingin ko ung phone mo pag pwede ka na lumabas.”

“Thanks soooo much ate Kat!” Alex said and gave his handler a warm hug.

“Oo na! Kung di lang kita mahal di ko gagawin toh!” Kat said laughing at Alex.

Kat headed off towards the stage. She saw Sue standing by the curtains. It was still the first batch that was singing. When she saw that it was almost Alex’s and Sue’s turn, she called Alex. Alex then stepped out of his dressing room and went towards the stage, hiding his surprise behind his back.

“Uy, ang bagal mo tara na!” Sue called to him.

“Ayan na,” Alex said and got the mic from the crew with his free hand. Sue was facing the stage from behind the curtains.When Alex stood next to her, he offered his arm to her and she locked elbows with him.

“Bakit ang tagal mo?” Sue asked. At bakit nakatagilid.

“Shhh…” Alex whispered to her. “Tayo na eh. Lakad ka na dali.”

They started walking together but Alex was walking slightly behind Sue making sure that she wouldn’t get a glimpse of what he was holding behind his back. They walked towards the stage and they started singing.