20.

• Eunbi •

"Fuck."
Uncontrollably cursing under my breath as I scrolled my last report of the semester. The report card was lucky because if it was in the form of paper, I would've ripped it apart like there was no tomorrow.

"I got C on three core subjects, just great." Throwing my head back in frustration as I was helplessly reminded of the fact which clearly stated that I didn't pass this hell-like semester, meaning I needed to pay more for semester extension was driving me nuts.

I barely had anyone to support me financially and because of my degrading grade, I was forced out of the scholarship that once blessed me to study in this private university.

Last glint of hope, my fingers were quick to dial a specific number. It rung for a while, but as usual, no answer. "So much from this biological of a father."

Oomph!

A soft pounding sound interrupted my upset moment. Turning to the side, my legs accidentally caused a cartoon-ish polar bear plastic figurine to fell to the rug, making me hiss as I picked it up.

This is Sohee's.

I belatedly threw it back onto the floor and rolled my eyes, "The apartment is much more spacious and quiet without her."

Folding my arms, I cussed at how she hadn't picked up her junk, it had been months and honestly pissed me off, "That wench-"

Ding dong!

Raising my eyebrow, I looked at the front door curiously.

• Kihyun •

"Maybe I should face this alone."
Her words made me grinned widely for some reasons, she had always been the mentally courageous one when tough times hit. Even if she asked me to accompany her, I would've made some humanly lame excuse to make her face the opponent alone.

Watching her every move as I wrapped myself in the shadows, Sohee was unbothered but a little bit curious and as for the low empathy Eunbi, she was shocked to see the one face she loathed on their shared apartment's doorstep.

Expected, Eunbi planned to ignore Sohee until she was gone, the audacity to keep her ego was astonishing.

"Not on my watch." Swiftly waving my fingers, it controlled Eunbi's movements as her subconscious opened the door deliberately, widening her shaky eyes.

There they were, staring eye to eye, the former best of friends who decided to stab the other one because she was jealous of how perfect Sohee's life was. Stable grades, fulfilled financially, admirable physical features, goody two shoes, and most importantly, held the key to her longtime crush, Shin Wonho.

"Pathetic Song Eunbi." I laughed cynically but kept my attention to Sohee. She spoke to the lass with confident, asking if she was the Eunbi she used to be friends with since high school.

Eunbi arrogantly nodded, quoting how she regretted ever wasting time of being Sohee's friend. I balled my fists but Sohee only smirked. Eunbi tried again to slander her appearance but only replied with a factual, precise clapback.

Showing the rent paper which the landlord gave her earlier, "I pay the bills for this apartment so let me in and shut it."

Finally defeated, Eunbi let Sohee in and nostalgic memories filled her mind. It used to feel like home, now this place was cold and lonely. The pain this current owner had resembled her surrounding.