3.

I wake up.
I remember what me and James had planned.

"Rise and shine" he bursts through my door. We laugh for a minute but he soon leaves and we both get ready for the day. After a bit I hop down the stairs and find him making breakfast. I look at him weirdly.

"What?"

"You never make breakfast. In fact you never make anything"

"I'm preparing for the day"

"Why"

"Because of our awesome plan"

"Why do you have to cook for it though"

"Because I want to"

"Do you even know how to cook anything?"

"I don't have time for a pop quiz" he sarcastically raises his voice. I lightly giggle and sit down at a bar stool from the island, playing on my phone. After a bit I hear him grunting. I look up as he struggles to get everything at once. I roll my eyes and stand up to go help him.

"It's easy. You're just making scrambled eggs. And wait to put salt and pepper until after you finish cooking, it's bad for the pan"

"Oh, so the pan is alive and needs good health now?"

"You know what I mean" I laugh as I slap his shoulder.

"I don't need help, go sit down"

"Okay, whatever you say" I turn my back and return to my seat. Right when I look back to my phone, out of the corner of my eye I see movement.

Once I look up I see James. He's dancing around. Using the stirring spoon as a microphone.

"Nowhere to run, boy run, come here right now. Right now. Right now. Cuz when the sun goes down the beast comes out... comes out, comes outttt - cuz when the stars align, you might bring the beast out. One look and you mine, keep your eyes on me. Nowhere to run bo-"

"James.."

"W-what? I'm not doing anything." He purses his lips and puts the big spoon behind his back.

"Why were you singing that song. I thought you said 'it's too girly' "

"Well it's stuck in my head okay" he stands up straight and tall.
Out of nowhere I see the pan catch on fire. I bite my lip to hold back from laughing.

"Why don't you turn around, cool guy" I point to the stove. He looks confused but once he turns around he lets out the highest pitch scream ever.

"WHAT DO I DO"

"Idiot" I laugh as I grab the pan and run water over it from the sink. The fire burns out and I let the pan cool. I turn around and raise my eyebrows at him.

"So what were you saying? About not needing helppppp"

"Okay fine. You know, you get your own breakfast and I'll get our plan ready"

"I thought that was what we had already planned yesterday"

"Okay well... like I said, I don't have time for a pop quiz" he throws his hands in the air and walks away.

I laugh to myself and get my stuff together.