21.

As soon as I hear those words, I know what's coming. I turn around, looking towards her. She now has a mask on, for whatever reason. Trying to be creepy I guess. But in times like these, there's no room for fear in my brain.

"Wow, Mrs. McAlley. Finally making something of yourself, I see."

she gasps.

"Not that there is much to see" I mumble, still intending for her to hear.

"Too bad baby James didn't have time to smart-mouth me too." she folds her arms.

i feel sick.

keep it together jas.

no time for crying.

"He never really was good at that" I giggle; Pretending to be heartless.

If you're gonna play the game, you have to do it right. If you let weakness show? You're out.

"You're full of surprises aren't you" she tilts her head.

"Not so bad yourself." I nod as if i was impressed. hah. as if.

"Well guess what, kiddo" I see the knife peaking out from behind her back, "you think you can win? Let's see about that" she raises her voice before completely exposing the knife. I hear my mom gasp from the bathroom.

oh god mom thanks a lot.

think she heard it??

"Wow, lookie here." She slowly starts for the bathroom.

"wait" I whisper, putting my hand up.

"There's no saving your mommy this time, kid" she grunts.

"I've been thinking about something." I ignore her.

"and what would that be" she folds her arms once more.

"Need a partner?" I smirk.