27.

four years later

I wake up to the feeling of the bed shaking. I open my eyes and see Ethan waking up as well. I smile at him, admiring his features.

So perfect.

"mommy, daddy, wake up."

"Yeah guys wake up!"

I look over and laugh at the sight of Savvy and Noah, full of excitement.

"Momma please, It's Christmas!" Noah yells.

I look over at ethan.

"Should we?" he tucks strands of hair behind my ear.

"Alright, lets go open presents" I say, tickling Savvy.

Right after we got married, we immediately wanted a family. So we soon had Noah, and almost right after having him, we got pregnant with Savvy. We wanted them very close in age. That way they'd be better friends growing up. Violeta was my maid of honor at the wedding. It was really nice to reunite with her.

The four of us walked downstairs, and the kids gasped.

"SO MANY" Noah yells.

"Momma, look how pretty." Savvy points to the christmas tree.

"Yeah, I know baby. Go ahead and sit on the couch, Mom and Dad are gonna make some coffee first."

"No, I'll get your coffee for you. Go sit down" Ethan says proudly. I laugh and walk over to the couch.

We were up till 2:00am getting presents set up around the tree. And the kids love waking us up around 5:30-6:00. Four hours of sleep isn't very pleasant.

Ethan comes to the living room, handing me my coffee.

"Okay, you know the drill. Stockings first" I grab their stockings off of the fireplace hooks. They rip them out of my hands, swiftly dumping everything out. I remember how excited James and I would be, every Christmas. I still cry late at night when I think of him.

The morning goes by fast. Opening presents and laughing. I promised myself I would never be that annoying mom that had to take pictures of everything. But that didn't turn out that way. Picture after picture, each one full of joy.

I couldn't ask for any more than this, right here, right now.

I am the luckiest woman ever. I'm so happy that me and Ethan got back together. I still feel extremely bad about acting the way I had.

And yeah, it was years ago.

But I will never let the love of my life forget that I'm sorry, again.