Chapter 4 - Capture the Flag

ROBIN'S POV

     When we all got out to the center of the field, Coach Pryer came flying over with a medium sized sack. He dumped it out to show it was full of colorful wristbands."Pick the color that matches your ability,"he explained."White for telekinesis, blue for water..."I stopped listening until he said,"Black for gravity."It's always the last to be called. I probably should have  been listening to know who was who, but I'd find that out soon enough.

     I slipped on the thick black wristbands and looked around. Some people were getting out waterbottles and lighters. Then I looked to the bleechers and saw that kid. I don't know why I saved him. It just had to be stopped. But, he was so confused as to why I helped him. Had he never been saved before? Who would want to hurt something so small anyways? He didn't even have his wings yet.

    Coach did as he said he would and split us up into even teams, but when he got to me, he froze."You're a gyrokinetic?"he he asked in a very surprised tone."We haven't had one here in years."he added. I get that a lot. Ooh, you're special cause your abilities rare. I'm glad it's rare, because it's way to much power. I know I have already won this game. I'm not cocky or anything, I just know I can easily send everybody down with gravity. Too much power.

     He threw some people from my team to theirs. It was only fair. He directed us to our flag bases on each side of the field. Everyone got into a fighting stance but me. Some decided to guard, and some decided to fight. I guess they decided for me that I was gonna fight.

     Coach Pryer blew the whistle and off everyone flew.... except me. I just walked across the field. When I got to the center without anyone in the sky noticing me, I sat down. This was gonna take a lot of strength. I got my phone and earbuds from my pocket. I figured I'd be needing them when he mentioned the game. I put them in, played my favorite song, and the rest was a blur.

                  PEPPER'S POV
     I knew something odd was going on when Robin walked to center field. I knew something even more odd was gonna happen when he took out his phone and earbuds. Coach had said to use any resources necessary.

     After he looked at the phone for a minute, he laid down. No one above was looking, just me and Coach. Slowly after closing his eyes, he began to fly. No, not fly, float! He moved to a standing position when he was very high. All of a sudden everybody and whatever they were bending, fell to the ground. Robin floated to their flag, took it, and put it on his. Nobody could move an inch. It looked as if he was sleep walking. Only instead of walking he was floating. His wings weren't even spread.

     With power like that, I wonder if he could help me get mine. You could feel the peace and center radiating off him as he floated. I've always wondered if someone else could help me. But no one's tried.

     I knew I had to ask him, but I didn't want to be too straight forward. Maybe we could become friends first. But nobody ever wants to be friends with me. Oh, I'm hopeless. I at least had to try. We had lunch next period, so maybe I could sit with him. He'd probably tell me to go away. That's what he tells everyone else.

     After a few more rounds of capture the flag, (Robin anialated them every time,) I tried to work up the courage to sit with him at lunch. I always ate lunch alone. I never ate too much at lunch anyways though, so I would just go to the library and read. My dad obviously wouldn't give me money to eat at school.

      When lunch rolled around, I had finnaly worked up the nerve to do it. He was sat in the corner of the lunchroom, so nobody was paying attention. I wandered over to his table and sat down awkwardly. He looked up so quickly I'm surprised his neck didn't snap."GO AW..."he stopped. I grabbed my lunch box and began to run mumbling,"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry..." over and over again. But before I could run, he grabbed my wrist."You don't have to go. I thought you were one of those annoying girls again. They won't give up for nothing." He said in a slight joking tone. Let's just say that joking tone completely shocked me. I sat back down awkwardly.

     We made small talk for a little bit, but then he asked a question that made me stiffen."Are you the only one here without wings?"he asked curiously. I hung my head, and slowly nodded. He noticed my change in demeanor."That's completely fine! I was just wondering,"he added quickly. I just looked up and gave him a weak smile. Then all of a sudden, I couldn't hold it anymore."Willyouhelpmegetmypowers!"I blurted out. His face went serious for a second, and he shook his head yes. He saw my smile, but he was completely oblivious to how happy I truly was.

     He told me when the day ends to meet him at the door. I could barely stay in my seat the rest of the day. I couldn't focus in the slightest. All I could think about was how I may have made a friend, and he may help me get my wings.

  Hey guys. Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I was trying to post once a day. To make up for it, I'm gonna post 1 more time today! This is definitely a very short chapter, but quite a bit happened. Since I have a ton of time, and the next one is gonna need a lot of words, I'm gonna make it a bit longer too. Still not too long. I'm quality over quantity. As always, thanks for reading! BBBYYEE. p.s. you might like the beginning of the next chapter;)