Chapter 14 - It's Beautiful

PEPPER'S POV
Ps. Enjoy this now all hell breaks lose next chapter.
Thinking about the cinnamon role thing made me start thinking of my birthday cupcake. My birthday was coming up quickly. I only know my birthday because when I was 8 I noticed how much people talked about them. One day I decided to find out, and I knew my father wouldn't tell me, so when he went out on a Friday I snuck into his room and found my birth certificate. I found my birthday and put it up, not even thinking about looking for my mom's name. He figured out that I had been in there. I didn't show up at school for a while.

I turned to Robin who was currently looking out the window. I tapped his shoulder lightly to get his attention. He look over to me.

"When's your birthday?" I asked. "January 20. Why?" he asked with a smile. "Just wondering." I replied with a small smile.

"When's yours?" he asked playfully. "Febuary 14," I replied quietly. I was aware it was Valentine's day. I've never celebrated it, but you can't miss the heart decorations everywhere.

"Your birthday is on Valentine's Day!" Blue screamed from the backseat. "How fitting," Robin said with a smile.

After a while we finally made it to a small farm full of needley trees. Robin, Blue, Alyssa, and I made our ways up and down the rows, while a one specific tree caught my eye.

A tree, not to tall but good height for their house, was standing there glowing beautifully. It was a brighter green then any of the others.

I tugged quickly on Robin's sleeve and pointed excitedly to the tree. "It's perfect!" Blue screamed and ran over to it, Alyssa following in a walk. "It's the same color as your eyes," I heard Robin whisper beside me. When I turned to look at him with a smile he was actually blushing slightly. He didn't seem to want me to hear that. I thought it was very nice.

We got Mr. and Mrs. Rightout, and they agreed it was the perfect tree. We paid for it, loaded it on the van, and we were off. Blue was in the backseat devising a plan for decorations.

Robin and Mr. Rightout put the tree up, while me and Blue opened the boxes of decorations. I opened one small box, revealing a very pretty star "That's the star for the top," Blue told me as she attempted to untangle some lights. I admired the star for a moment longer, before we began wrapping lights around the tree.

Once we got the lights and some kind of frilly gold stuff around it, we began with the 'ornaments'. That's what they kept calling them. I think they said the frilly stuff was garlen too. One by one we added the red and gold balls all over the tree. Robin had too do the whole top because everyone else was short, and his parents weren't doing anything. They said it was for the kids, so they were adding garlen up the banister.

Robin disappeared for a second, but soon came back with a small speaker and his phone. He turned on music speaking of Christmas and happiness. Everyone but me, who didnt know the words, was singing along.

After a while we were done, and it was time for the pretty shinny star. Alyssa spoke first. "I'll put the star on the tree." She declared. I couldn't help but really want to even though I didn't want to make anybody mad. "Could I put the star on top," I asked quietly while playing with my fingers. "I never have before," I added, my voice getting quieter with every word.

"Oh sure you can sweetheart," Mrs. Rightout said happily with a sweet smile, while Alyssa just roled her eyes. "Robin could you help him out?" Mr. Rightout asked while Robin nodded.

I grabbed the star and next thing I knew Robin was lifting me by my wait to the top of the tree. I fit the star down on the very top and Robin slowly put me down. I had a cheesy grin on my face

Now it was dark out, but the lights were still on. Me, Robin, and Alyssa sat in front of the tree on the floor with Robin's parents sitting on the couch behind us. Blue was over by the outlet holding the light plug in. Mr. Rightout turned the light off, the switch being right by the couch. I unoticable to a sharp breath when the lights went out, but then Blue plugged in the tree lights. I gasped.

ROBIN'S POV

Pepper gasped when the tree lights came on. He stated at it mesmerized. I noticed a thin layer of tears glistening in his eyes none of them ascaping. My mom noticed him too and sat down beside him. Without warning she grabbed him in a hug.

"Have you never seen a Christmas tree before honey?" She whispered sadly, already seeming to know the answer. She shook his head, a single tear leaving his eye. " We- we don't ce-celebrate um- Christmas," he choked out in a small whisper to my mom.

They pulled away after a moment, and all seemed to go back to normal. "Your coming here for Christmas then," she told him. His face lit up like the Christmas tree.

Soon Pepper was on his way out. He had a look of dread in his eyes. Before he could leave I grabbed his wrist and handed him my coat. "I've got another, here keep it," I said seriously. "Ok thank you," he whispered quietly, put it on, and was out the door.

Hi guys. This chapter was so sweet I love it, but seriously some bad shits going down next time, and it will probably be soon. This is going to be a life changer for Pepper and the story and it's not a good one. Sorry but it will cause fluff. AS ALWAYS THANKS FOR READING! BBYYYEEE!