Chapter 13 - What's a Christmas Tree

ROBIN'S POV

It was Monday and I had to go back to school. Not feeling like flying through all the traffic, I flew relatively close to the ground, when I saw a small figure wearing a bright red uniform with curly brown hair.

Instantly I dove torwards him, scaring the living daylights out of him when I missed him by an inch. When he looked up and saw it was me he calmed down a bit.

"Hi,' he said quietly, continuing to walk, a small smile on his face.

"Hey. You know it's a bit cold to only have your uniform blazer on," I told him with a smile. I myself had a large white coat that my mom forced me to wear.

He just shrugged and looked down. "I don't mind," he mumbled softly. We were already at school, so there was no point in doing anything now, but I noted the moment for later.

That previous night me and Azzy had been informed of Christmas tree shopping. With just a few weeks until Christmas now was the time to get to work on traditions. Blue got very excited of course, because Christmas is her favorite holiday. Mom and Dad let her invite a friend, so I got to too. She invited her best friend Alyssa, and I supposed then would be a good time to invite Pepper.

I turned to him as we made our way down the empty hall floors. "Wanna come Christmas tree hunting with my family this evening. Blue's bringing her friend so I can bring one too." He looked at me oddly, then quickly back down to the ground."Sure," he said just above a whisper as always.

"You can go ahead and go to your locker. I gotta go to the library for second," he said as the library came into view. He quickly shuffled inside, and I did as he suggested and went ahead to my locker.

PEPPER'S POV

I took a deep breath when I made it into the library. I ran to the small computers in the back and took a seat. I thought it would be easier to look up my question rather then try to find a book, but obviously this was the only electronic I had access to.

What is a Christmas Tree?

I typed quickly in the search bar. After a bit of scrolling, I came to the conclusion it was an evergreen tree decorated for Christmas. See this is probably in realistic fiction books all the time, but I don't like reality. Therefore I only had knowledge from information books. The rest of what I read was fantasy, because I'd prefer not to get reminded of my real life.

School went by slowly but surely. I was finnaly able to prepare myself for once when Robin came running down the hall. This time while I was in the sky, I wasn't able to look at all the beauty. All I could think about was the punishment I'd get after this. He already warned me once.

We made it to the little house, and I followed Robin inside. Mrs. and Mr. Rightout were already waiting in the living room when we came in. There large boxes marked 'decorations' all over the place.

"Oh, you dears can go ahead and get changed out of your uniforms and we'll be ready to head out. And since half of us don't have our wings yet, we'll take the car. You know the rides a bit long too, so get comfortable." She said quickly, while nudging us up the stairs.

"You can change in here this time, k," he told me while picking clothes from his closet. I nodded my head quietly as he left the room. I wore black ripped jeans and a white sweater. There was a big, pretty sunflower on the front. It was outlined in a thick black, so it matched the pants perfectly.

You may be wondering how on earth I get all these sweaters with a dad like mine. He gives me money for clothes once a year, so no one gets suspicious if I'm wearing rags. He has a lot of money of his own. He is a Telekenetic. Of course he still taunts me on the pretty things I like and decide to buy.

Robin knocks on the door to see if I'm ready. "I'm finished," I squeeked, him just being able to hear me. He came in, grabbed a different pair of shoes, and soon we were on our way out of the room. We were stopped though when Blue came bursting through her door with a young blonde girl following behind her.

"PEPPER!" she yelled excitedly when she saw me standing awkwardly behind Robin. She ran over to me and grabbed my hands. She inspected them while I realized my nails were still bright red. I guess dad was to drunk to notice them. I suppose it seems like something he'd hate, because apparently to him all pretty things are gay and stupid.

"You took perfect care of them," she said happily. I was actually very proud of that. I had a habit of biting my nails when I'm nervous, and in case you haven't noticed I'm always nervous. I had managed to not bite my nails all weekend. Even when locked in the basement.

"How old are you," the girl next to Blue spoke to me for the first time. Again, I turned a light pink and looked at the ground. "I'm 16," I said quietly. She looked confused. "You sure don't look like it. I think you're lying," she said flatly.

I looked up to see Azzy and Robin glaring at her. "He's in Robin's grade and he's 16 too!" Blue yelled at her. "And don't you dare hurt my cinnamon roles feelings if you want to stay my best friend." She was furious. I smiled because someone was sticking up for me, but I turned pink when she called me her cinnamon role. I believe that those are some kind of sweets. Pancakes were a first but every year the week before my birthday, I make sure to save enough money for a cupcake at the bakery. They have cinnamon roles there too.

"It's ok," I said quietly. "I'm used to it." Robin just looked at me sadly.

Soon we were in the large car, cramming giant wings in with us. Wings very on one's size, so neither Mrs. Rightout nor Mr. Rightout's wings were all that huge. It's was Robin's we had the most trouble with. It was a small van with three rows of two, so me and Robin were in the first row behind his parents, and Blue and her friend were in the second. We sped off down the road, Blue jumping for joy in the backseat.

Hi guys. That was a bit more words then I normally do and I wanted to make it more, but I didn't want to double the words so I figured I could just post this and I'll have a much more interesting chapter soon. I normally do a bit less then a thousand words and this was closer to 1200. Anyways, AS ALWAYS THANKS FOR READING! BBYYYEEE!!!