Chapter 16 - I'm ok

PEPPER'S POV

I woke up in an uncomfortable hospital bed. After a small inner debate, I opened my eyes very slowly, but still causing pain to shoot from my ears, all over my body. I let out a small whimper at the sudden pain. I couldn't hear it though.

My eyes went wide. In all the drugs and panic I forgot why I was in the hospital and the plan my father made. I felt a gentle tap on the shoulder, and looked over. It was Robin.

He waved with a small sorry smile and I couldn't help but calm down a bit at the sight of him. He's just a calming person. His eyes widened and he smiled as an idea seamed to pop into his head.

I watched as he grabbed a notebook and pen off my bedside table. The doctors must have put it there for communicating when I woke up.

'We can talk like this' he wrote and handed it to me. I carefully sat up, now with a big smile on my face.

'Ok, how did you know i was here' I wrote slightly confused by his presents.

'Blue broke here finger. I saw you come in with the ambulance in the emergency room'

'Oh, thanks for visiting' I wrote very happy to have someone here to see me.

'Yeah, sorry your dad had to go to work' he gave me a sad expression, but I didn't stop smiling.

'So what do you want to talk about' I asked, changing the subject.

'How about how you're rich and didn't tell me' he said with a proud smirk. I turned bright pink and looked down. I knew my father was rich, but it makes no difference to me. I don't get any of the money. I don't even get any of the food he buys with it!

'My father is, I am not' I wrote. He looked at me odd for a second.

'He's buying you the best hearing aids possible... and paying extra to get it done now' he informed me, both of faces now blank. He's getting the best to show himself off and he's getting it done fast to get me out of the hospital and into his clutches.

'I believe you're getting fitted tommarow, but the doctors will tell you what time' he gave me another sympathetic smile. I awkwardly looked down and smiled

'There was something I've been meaning to ask you' I wrote quickly and look to him.

'What'

'Your ability is commonly connected to a traumatic childhood experience that makes there personality a bit different. You don't seem to have a traumatic childhood'

'Yeah, well your right. I didn't have a traumatic childhood and that's one of the first things the doctor asked about when I went to my first mandatory wing check up. They said my personality is naturally odd because how closely I examine things and how wide a range my emotions can be which isn't high. This mimics the behaviour of a trauma victim'

"Oh," I said quietly as I finished reading it. I guess that makes sense.

A doctor came through the door holding a clipboard and a small packet. He sat the packet on my bedside and said something to Robin. He left with a small wave. The doctor took up the pen and paper.

'Hi, I'm Dr. Henry and I'm just here to take you to the x ray center. When we get back you can read the packet. It just tells when and how the hearing aid fitting works.'

I nod my head and shortly after a nurse arrives with a wheel chair. 'We are aware that some movements can cause pain, so we thought this might be safer.' He wrote quickly.

The nurse helped me up and they were definitely right about the pain. It shot all over my body and made my whole head throb.

We passed Robin in the hallway standing next to my door. "Be back soon," I said still obviously uncertain of my volume.

~~~~~~

After a few minutes of sitting very still, I was able to go back to my room while the doctors examined the large holes in my ears. At this point I just wanted to sleep.

Robin was already back in the chair next to my bed when I came in. They gave me some more pain killers and left.

"You can go home if you want," I said in what I believe was a quiet tone. He shook his head no.

'Go ahead and sleep. I'll be right here' he wrote with a small smile.

'Aren't visiting hours going to be over soon' I wrote down though still desperately wanting him to stay.

'They already are, but your under age and look even younger so they said I could stay since your dad can't. Its hard times for you Pep and I won't let you do it alone'

I began crying. I couldn't help it. Never in the 10 years I could remember had I ever had someone to help me through. With all my strength and the pain killers working good enough to make it bearable, I leaped torwards him and gave him the biggest hug I could manage. He hugged me back tightly.

When I finnaly let go he picked up the pen again.

'Is your dad there for you a lot' he asked with a sad expression.

I shook my head and he pulled me into another tight hug.

Hi, this is kassi. Yay I posted and it's much longer than last time. I personally love this chapter and I hope you do too. As always thanks for reading! BBYYYEEE!!!